PDA

View Full Version : PM's not replied to

volks76
06-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Is there anything more annoying on this site than being the first to send a PM and the giver not having the decency to reply and then the item comes up as reserved/taken?

Aceshigh
06-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Because You Think You Are The First To Send A Pm It Doesnt Mean You Are The First To Send It And As Mentioned In Other Threads It Isnt Always First Come First Served It Is Entirely Up To The Giver Who Has The First Refusal Of The Item. I Have Found Myself That With Some Of The Items That I Have Been Pm's Sent To Me Is That There Are So Many That It Is Easier To Reply In The Thread So That All Can Read As It Is Very Hard Work Sending The Same Pm To Twenty Different People. Also Some Givers Will Put Their Phone Number On A Thread So That You Txt Them Instead Of Going Through This Site Purely Because They Might Not Get A Chance To Visit This Fantastic Site As Often As They Would Like And Then They Can Pass On Their Item Quicker Which Is Normally The Case.
However I Do Find It Frustrating At Times Especially If It Is An Item That I Really Would Like To Have Myself Still That Is Life On Jumble Town So All We Can Do Is The Best We Can And Hope We Dont Offend Too Many People Along The Way Keep Up The Good Work Admin And All Those That Help Keep Ireland 40 Shades Of Green
..thanx
....wayne

volks76
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for that wayne, that clears it up a bit, I think that in future, as a taker, I might reply through the forum as it seems a lot of givers might prefer to go straight to the forum thread for replies rather than check PM's. Regards, Aidan.

Aceshigh
06-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Wel Aidan What I Tend To Do Is Post On The Thread And Say I Will Send A Pm And Then Send A Pm Aswell And If There Is A Phone Number On The Givers Add I Will Txt Them Aswell It Is A Bit Long Winded I Know But At Least You Are Showing Real Interest And Hopefully Fingers Crossed You Will Get The Item So Good Luck To You On Future Items (unless I Am Putting In For Them Ha Ha )
..thanx
....wayne

buffy
07-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Some takers can cause problems too! They ask for an item by pm or on thread
you pm them, they pm back saying they want that item you reserve it for them
give your details for pick up and then you hear nothing for days.You pm them telling them you will offer that item to next person,you get in touch with that person and the same seniero.Its very annoying sometimes and wastes time.
I am not saying everyone does it just a few.Rant over.

mary_queen_of_pots
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I too have had problems with takers. They make an appointment to collect the item and having waited all day for them to turn up, I then get a pm requesting another appointment which they also fail to keep. By way of apology, some have phoned at very unsociable hours of the night, thus wakening my whole family. For this reason, I will not put a contact phone number on the threads, nor will I offer items to these people in the future.