PDA

View Full Version : painting cork tiles

minnie pal
02-09-2009, 07:31 PM
want to use cork tiles stuck on wall in office area, cheaper that way, but dont like the brown, can i spray paint them when they are in situ?
xminnie pal

arancrois
02-09-2009, 07:46 PM
MY other half says that once you seal them, i.e. polybond them, you should be able to spray or paint them what ever colour you want, he's not that sure but he reckons it worked. he has done it before and it has worked fine, but someone might have more ideas of what to do

Mickey
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I bought a few packs of round cork placemats from Tesco a few years ago. I found some of those paint tester tubes with sponge applicators at Woodies for dirt cheap (I used a mint green, a soft lilac, a baby pink) and painted them all different colours, mounted them on the wall of our local community moms and tots group and hey presto :o)

We had a really cute, unusual and colourful (yet not offensive or garish) notice board for next to nothing :o)

I kept some for myself and sprayed some with gold for some handy (not ugly) coasters for hot dishes for the Christmas buffet :o)

maggied
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
have used cork tiles in this way before , just ad pva (available at any diy store , even kids pva glue from 2 euro shop will do ) mix with any ordinary emulsion paint and its ready to go ! hard wearing , cheap and gorgeous

minnie pal
04-09-2009, 12:43 AM
thats great, and sounds easy! I will do defo.
the office part of new hoose is just about complete and absolutely thrilled.
No extra expense on it bar the tiles and some wall brackets.
Everybit of it is jumbletown or gumtree or other.
we, that is I, never went near a funky expensive place, but what i did is funk enough for me and i am thrilled.
Now to work!!!
xminnie pal

maggied
05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
hope to see your hard work soon xx maggie