PDA

View Full Version : reassembling barna type sheds - difficult?

minnie pal
13-09-2009, 08:11 PM
sis has two barna type sheds, look fantastic inside and not corroded much on outside either. they have been in situa a good seven years.

Is it really that hard to reassemble when they are taken down.
they would suit me grand at present, if i can get them put together ok and some insulation inside.
any opinions on this please.
xminnie pal

salandsorcha
13-09-2009, 10:37 PM
It all depends on how carefully they're taken down. If they're still in good condition when dismantled the walls and roof should easily go back together with a box of nails and a hammer and an assistant. I would recommend buying a new roll of roofing felt as the old felt rarely comes off in good condition as it goes brittle and tears.
Best of luck,
M

minnie pal
14-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi, thanks for that comment M, I think i will give it a go and get them taken down. Or i shall try myself.
I think that if anything is literally 'ripped up' then they have a poor chance of survival. Due care i think will prevail!!!
sis thinks the flooring is a bit wibbly wobbly but doesnt seem so to myself.

I feel like trying and also trying to fully insulate the inside so that storage of more delicate items is possible despite the synics.

any advice on that - while you are on it.
Tomorrow er, today will be a long one!!!!
xminnie pal

Bibi
23-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi Minnie Pal,

We have shed like this & my husband insulated it fully with fibreglass insulation. He then covered this with sheets of plywood nailed to existing supports of shed.

Had some carpet which had been replaced in a bedroom & used this on floor. Result; dry as a bone & I store all kinds of delicate items there over winter with very good results.

Take care when "uprooting" and re positioning sheds & all should be fine as long as they are structurally sound.
Good luck.
Bibi.

minnie pal
23-09-2009, 09:21 PM
thanks for these comments. I am not sure how well they were taken down given the person doing so had a broken elbow and using a crow bar, not to mentin having parkinsons disease!!!!!
yes, well, she thinks she did a good job!
They are being transported to my place on monday, lets hope it doesnt rain as i have no one to put em up and wont ask the parki person either!
xminnie pal

cascade35
24-09-2009, 11:50 AM
2 or more people will be required to assemble the sheds.
Take time to make sure the floor is level before you attach the sides.
Put 1 side in position first, then position opposite side, repeat the process until all 4 sides are up.
The roof is probably in 2 sections, put these in position and re felt it and your done.

ambie
30-09-2009, 05:45 PM
you can insulate with egg cartons it is also prefect sound proofing. the sheds are easy taken apart start with the roof first and then the sides you wil need help and a crowbar.

minnie pal
01-10-2009, 12:24 AM
these sheds were not gonna work! by the time we spent repairing the rotting boards,there were a few, get more roof felt, carriage to my place and it will be cheaper buying them.
anyone know of retail stores where the 'shack up' design of shed can be seen.
they look good googling them but i really want to see one in the flesh so to speak.
any ideas.
xminnie pal