PDA

View Full Version : old wooden filling cabinet

Paula Fleming
21-09-2009, 09:12 AM
received from another j.t. old Military police filling cabinet now makes a great toy storage for my young boys. only cost me 18 euro to complete. one small tin of blue gloss for sides and top, and 4 different colour tester posts for the different drawers. . cheaper than going to shop to buy toy storage container and its solid wood and very sturdy.

unapam
21-09-2009, 04:33 PM
That's gorgeuos! A fabulous job. Well done.

Linn
21-09-2009, 05:27 PM
WOW thats beautiful. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Bunty
21-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Paula, Congrats! This is lovely and ideal for storage. B.

Paula Fleming
21-09-2009, 06:39 PM
thanks guys for the nice responces. it only took 3 hours and so easy done. i love to do stuff like this. im always at somthing. other things i have done are quiet simple and look great to.
1. i had a plain old pine dresser. i hated it so i bought a tin of french cream gloss. painted it, and then after wards i sanded a few places a bit roungh to look old. i also purchased 'vintage rose wood transfers' from ebay. was like 5 euro for 30. i transfered these (2 second job) on to it, and now its my fav piece of furniture i own:)

2. I had a large shelf unit from argos. like 60 euro or sunthing, not expensive.it has no back on it just lots of shelfs. i got bored of it so when i revamped my kids room, i turned it on its side lenght ways up again a wall. then i hung kids curtains on it and it makes a fantastic wardrope, it has like 10 shelfs so he has a compatment for all cloths... no more messy wardropes:)

Billy Carthew
21-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Paula,

Happy to see the filing cabinet happy in its new home - it looks great and delighted you love it.

Billy

snorry
23-09-2009, 06:08 PM
great job brilliant ideas wish i had your imagination

The Mammy
23-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Looks Fab,
Well Done, It's looking great with all the colours.....A great sense of achievement I'm Sure.
Cheers
The Mammy