PDA

View Full Version : Revamped dresser for my wee girl

Blurg
11-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I got an old chest of drawers off a JT'er about 3 years ago with the intention of doing them up (they had blackboard paint on top, white sides and blue drawer fronts!). I've finally gotten around to it. I covered the drawer fronts with fabric and polyurethaned them. Put new handles on and painted the top and sides with a very pale pink. They are now in pride of place in my little girls room. Both she and I are delighted with them!

Bill_D
12-10-2009, 04:55 AM
I got an old chest of drawers off a JT'er about 3 years ago with the intention of doing them up (they had blackboard paint on top, white sides and blue drawer fronts!). I've finally gotten around to it. I covered the drawer fronts with fabric and polyurethaned them. Put new handles on and painted the top and sides with a very pale pink. They are now in pride of place in my little girls room. Both she and I are delighted with them!

I did likewise for my Sister and then a friend of mine, have a peek and meet Chester, (knew I shoulda done a before pic lol).

also, here's Chesters Sister, Flowy, the flowers on this piece are all painted by myself, much to my surprise lol, hope you enjoy looking, feel free to copy

Blurg
12-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Ahh, that's too cute. I love the bit at the back. What did you use?

Bill_D
12-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Hiya I used and old piece of 7" board I had lying around, I laughed revamping this piece. It seem to take on a character of it's own lol, thanks for the lovely comment.

Bill

sparkwell
12-10-2009, 08:38 AM
All 3 are lovely and each one is unique! Thanks for sharing

Sparkwell

maggied
12-10-2009, 09:15 AM
hiya , blurg love what you ded wht the drawers very unique and great way of using uup scraps of fabric .well done

maggied
12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
hiya , love the cute bear drawers i want to try these
and blurgs fabric covered ones too , looks like i will be busy for a while
!!

Bill_D
12-10-2009, 01:35 PM
hiya , love the cute bear drawers i want to try these
and blurgs fabric covered ones too , looks like i will be busy for a while
!!

Here's an idea Maggied, why not combine the two, draw the face on the piece of wood, jig saw along the lines, or if you don't got one, a friend will cut for you, screw it to the back of the drawers, add materiel, and do it like a coat or a dress ??

unapam
12-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Wow! That is one funky dresser! FABULOUS!

unapam
12-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I did likewise for my Sister and then a friend of mine, have a peek and meet Chester, (knew I shoulda done a before pic lol).

also, here's Chesters Sister, Flowy, the flowers on this piece are all painted by myself, much to my surprise lol, hope you enjoy looking, feel free to copy

They are gorgeous too. "Pimp My Drawers" seems to be very popular theme on JT!
Love the painted flowers. Well done!

bluecurlygirl
13-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Well done Blurg and Bill D - they're just fabulous. Pretty happy kids on those rooms I reckon - can you come and do one for me?!!!