PDA

View Full Version : New Bathroom

minnie pal
10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
my new bathroom...

pouffe from closing down sale, two cabinets old now, brought with me to 'new hoose' and wallpaper stripes put down centres, topped with two pieces of wood painted, was a wall shelf, topped again with glass coasters bought at car boot sale.

Lu seat reduced from E30 to E10 woodies, just placed on raised seating,

flooring vinyl tiling from Homebase, mat, towels from Guineys.

Tiles top of sink from JUMBLE TOWNER!! blue beading neattens edge up. pic frames on lu top, car boot. rice flower, old from Dunnes.

Scales, charity shop, round mirror charity shop, E6! had a chip, covered by a embroidered butterfly, E2 then embroidered buttons on wall.

wicker laundry basket painted white and wallpaper sealed with roll of transparent book cover stuff, side of bath removed, hardboard sealed with sealant and wallpaper put up, yet to seal under rim of bath and bottom. chips on enamel on rim of bath touched up with stuff made for the job, small tube.

What do my friends think!!!?

x minnie pal

Scrabble
10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
You did a great job. It looks lovely and bright and airy. I love the stripes.
Regards
Scrabble

maggied
10-11-2009, 04:16 PM
lovely job , nice welcome first thing on the morning
maggie

unapam
11-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Minniepal. You have done trojan work there. They are both wonderful! Well done.

Bubbles2
11-11-2009, 06:46 PM
What a lovely bright and cheerful bathroom - well done minnie pal.
B2

minnie pal
11-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, i am very pleased with the whole project. the bathroom was the easiest to photograph actually, the light less strong there caused less reflections and its quite minimalist.
Disappointed with the other pics.
Thinking of inviting those who know me to see it all in real life to celebrate being a skip, muck repurposer and doer of impossible, mission impossible which has been accepted, completed and i think, the tape self destructed, or did it?
minnie pal
Una the queen of muck reshuffling, i am honoured to hear your praise for your second, hopefully, in command!!!!!

snorry
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
that is brilliant looks great well done

marleymo
11-11-2009, 11:31 PM
omg you have been busy the bathroom looks fab, nice and bright and fresh, well done,

summersun
14-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Its simply "Loovely".... Minnie, I love it especially the stripy wallpaper.... if that's what you can do with an unwilling body .... :-)))))

You are an inspiration.... NOw hurry up and get on with the chrimbo decs as its only 40 days to go .....

Summersun xx

minnie pal
21-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Sorry Sumersun, i don't 'do' christmas! Ever! yeh. well. I just never liked it much, ever never and never again, amen!!!!
xxminnie pal

summersun
21-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Bah Humbug :-( .... But my hubby would like to move to your home for Chrimbo.... tooooo many chrimbo decs in our home he says...

How about lying on a beach in the loooovely hot sun instead ....

Summersun xxx

P.S Any word back from the garden.... still crossing my fingers here...

Sorry Sumersun, i don't 'do' christmas! Ever! yeh. well. I just never liked it much, ever never and never again, amen!!!!
xxminnie pal

minnie pal
21-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm not allowed in the sun between 10am and 6pm (doctor's orders) so wouldnt do good in the med or tropics. sorry about that, you will have to do more humbuggging.

Oh, well, i got an answer from the garden, saying they are in production and they go out in July and i answered "oh sucks, did i miss it all then?" no answer. well you wouldnt if you used those words eh, I didnt pander and maybe i should have, wanted twins pad done, mines ok. really wanted twins garden done its just flat .....muck, literally.
xxminnie pal

Oh summersun, here something to laugh at.....microwaved teeth, first time round.....lost them tonight....found them in the rubbish bin.

I hate them. I hate them. I think they were meant for repurposing, but cant think how.

yeh, heaps of fun here, send the hubby over, he'd love it...might spend all his time looking for dentures and spray glueing practically everything in sight as i continue to make 'magic' in my place and at this stage i wish i could stop so may have to add OCD to all that is wrong with me.
xnow and g'night!

choruna
14-01-2010, 09:42 PM
delighted to see the tiles up, they look much nicer in your bathroom than they ever did in my kitchen, Well done!!

chucken1
07-02-2010, 12:17 AM
OOH I love your bathroom!.I know now EXACTLY how to go about doing mine up. Ive been looking for inspiration to pretty mine up and hadnt a clue! Minniepal...PalMinnie..you have made me smile I hope you dont mind me stealing some of your ideas but they do say immitation is the best form of flattery!

palminnie1
21-02-2010, 07:50 AM
everyone loves the tiles and i do two, i am never good with names, but boy am i glad to have opportunity to thank you.
xminniepal/palminnie
that came about when i dropped the computer and i think the head got twisted in reverse as a response!