PDA

View Full Version : added heater advice needed

minnie pal
29-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I have a coal burner 'fake' fire which has a blow heater underneath.
I know this is an expensive form of heating and also its very hard on my sjogrens eyes.
Anyone know of the same idea but cheaper sort and not a blow heater?
I use this heater in the very cold.
Also i have noticed because my place is smaller, and tiny actually, its also colder being a one storey unit but all heat on makes for very dry air and i feel claustophobic and unwell.
I do need AIR very badly, any suggestionns on this too, gratefully received.
xminnie pal

Mickey
29-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Minnie pal,

If you place a bowl or a jug (with a wide neck) of water near to (but not dangerously so) the heat source then as it evaporates with the heat it adds a touch of moisture to the air and your eyes won't dry out and your throat won't be as scratchy (experience my only qualification here).

Hope that helps.

eamonjnr123
01-02-2010, 08:32 AM
[i would check out website, www.helvetic.ie they do a new replacment heating system, its a geat cost effective system & cheap running cost

bustler99
26-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a coal burner 'fake' fire which has a blow heater underneath.
I know this is an expensive form of heating and also its very hard on my sjogrens eyes.
Anyone know of the same idea but cheaper sort and not a blow heater?
I use this heater in the very cold.
Also i have noticed because my place is smaller, and tiny actually, its also colder being a one storey unit but all heat on makes for very dry air and i feel claustophobic and unwell.
I do need AIR very badly, any suggestionns on this too, gratefully received.
xminnie pal
do you have a chimney ?
you can buy a small solid fuel stove for 150-180 euro.
light it -let all doors open and your whole flat will be as warm as toast .
thats if you have a chimny. best of luck... b99

Joe Bloggs
27-01-2011, 12:00 PM
The first suggestion is a good one.I am an energy & environmental engineer.Anything that produces instant heat is expensive.The cheapest alternative is the old gas bottle heaters.My grandad still to this day attaches a glass of water to the front of the grill.This i later found out increases the humidity and the evaporating water oxidises the air.No more stuffy or dry air.Problem is getting a hand with a heavy bottle of gas.