PDA

View Full Version : Re-purposing ideas for the garden.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
12-02-2010, 10:17 AM
These are a few of the things I have used in the garden.
1. Got two frames for cane furniture but no cushions. We attached top parts to the wall and they are now bird feeders. Great for small birds and crows can't get through. Bottom parts I added bamboo canes to make 'wigwams' for my sweetpea & runner beans. Roll on summer!!

2. Why have ordinary pillars on your wall when you can have 'jewel' encrusted ones. There are repurposed shiny stones, the ones you get a little bag of with candles etc. You could also do this with old coins, medals, beads, marbles etc.

3. A planter and bench made from a selection of old bricks found on site. Other items are all freebies from friends who know I am a little 'mad'. 'Give it to Eibh, she'll find a use for it'!!

4. Old belfast sinks as planters.

5. Teapot that lid got broken--planter.

6.Wind chimes made from off cuts of copper pipe left over from building. Drill small holes through the top, thread through with fishing nylon cord, attach to piece of wood (any circle will do, chopping board, slice of a log etc) and add cup hook to hang up.

7. Metal heart was made with two pieces of metal dug out of a flower bed (my son thought it was a great archeological find) but they turned out to be old pieces of a garden chair. Added two pieces of metal from a 3 legged candle stick, joined it all with nuts and bolts, painted it black and now it adorns my garden shed. What happened to the 3rd leg of the candlestick? You'll see in next thread! Eibh.

maggied
12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
wow again more great ideas , you;ll be pleased to know your not the only "mad"one out there i cannot throw anything out
M

unapam
12-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I am inspired...but be warned...I'll be nicking all your ideas for myself!

tudlytops
12-02-2010, 07:44 PM
That looks really good, love the bird feeders, might steal your idea there :)

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
13-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks, they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery so feel free. Actually flattery seems such an empty word. On Jumbletown I think affirmation, approval and encouragement are more honest words. Eibh.

Gormal
14-02-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm in total awe......... who would have thought to use the cane furniture that way!!! Fabulous idea

elbo
14-02-2010, 08:57 PM
You're great with the ideas. Well done.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Would you believe the people who gave me the wicker chairs visited and were admiring the birdfeeders and sweet pea wigwam and didn't recognize them from their former existence. They couldn't believe it when I told them where they came from!!

magda_ola
11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Very nice. I like most the belfast sinks and teapot as planters. It gives me some inspiration about my garden.