PDA

View Full Version : chairs, cushions and other stuff

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
26-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi all, here's a couple of chairs I re-vamped. They had black plastic seats which were scruffy. i covered them both with blue patchwork for a new lease of life. The cushions were made with fabric i got from my sister. She bought the blue cord to make pinafores for her two little daughters and never got round to it. The two 'little daughters' are 31 and 29 now so material finally came my way. I had some butterfly material and cut out pieces to applique on. Just pinned it in place and then stitched around the edge with a zig-zag stitch.

Here's a picture of half of an old stove repurposed as a planter for my japanese maple.

Tip for freebie fans. If you go to a car boot sale the best time for bargains is as people are packing up. If they have taken an item out of their house and travelled to the venue to sell it, they don't need it and guaranteed they won't put it back in their house. I have got so many things very cheap or free by 'doing them a favour' and 'taking it off their hands'. I end up with what I want for free and they are eternally grateful.lol. happy re-cycling, Eibh.

winniepooh
26-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Fantastic Eibh they are all beautiful. Fair play to you. I'd love to be able to do something like that.

Well Done
Triona

Belarus
26-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Hello Eibhlin. Absolutely fantastic. You did a brilliant job on all these. Just wish I could do half as well. Thats a great tip for car boot sales. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Regards. Mary

maggied
26-02-2010, 05:56 PM
hiya , just want to say what a great job you have done , great to see those old chairs getting a new lease of life. i am so in love with your butterfly fabric , where did you get it ? regards
maggied

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
26-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi maggied, glad you like my handiwork. unfortunately i don't remember where I bought it. I know it was bought for card making (another hobby of mine) but it was too fiddly and the edges of the pieces frayed. Hence the cushion. all i had was enough for front of one cushion and odd bits appliqued on to the other one and a third not in photo. eibh.

maggied
26-02-2010, 06:55 PM
hi again , thats no worries eibh , i love cardmaking too ,surprising the amount of scraps and bits and bobs we reuse for cardmaking . happy crafting
maggie

unapam
27-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Wonderful cushions and chair pads. Love 'em ...Well done!

Linn
27-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow they are lovely and well done.

Gormal
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Love the butterflies on the blue, great contrast