PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed Bedding

unapam
27-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I found a damaged candlewick bedspread and a flannel cot sheet in a charity shop. They were the perfect colour for the new cushion covers I wanted so....I made these raggy cushions and finished them off with a vintage button. The cut raggy edges get fluffier the more you wash them. The faded old fabric actually lends itself very well to shabby chic items.

The one with the heart also has a lady's white hankerchief stitched on for contrast and I lightly padded the heart after sewing it on to the handkerchief by cutting a small hole in back of hankerchief and stuffing it from there as this is then sewn on to the blue. Oh, and I left some of the original fringe on this one and used it to tie the ends of the cover and stop the pillow from bulging out.

raviravi
27-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Your creativity just amazes me, these are fab.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
27-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Unapam, this is lovely. How do you get the raggy edges? I'm thinking maybe you sew them up on the outside about 1 inch in from the edge? Anyway it's a lovely effect. you seem fond of candlewick. is this because it is pure cotton and washes well? Eibh.

maggied
27-02-2010, 09:32 PM
lovely job as usual unapam

unapam
27-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Unapam, this is lovely. How do you get the raggy edges? I'm thinking maybe you sew them up on the outside about 1 inch in from the edge? Anyway it's a lovely effect. you seem fond of candlewick. is this because it is pure cotton and washes well? Eibh.

Yes, I do love candlewick. And yes, you are right aboout the raggy edges ..you sew them wrong sides together and snip after sewing. You are supposed to wash them before use to get a fluffier effect but who has patience, they'll need washing soon enough!

Davidoff
27-02-2010, 10:01 PM
wow!!great job !!!

Linn
27-02-2010, 10:33 PM
They are Beautiful. Your brillant and you just amaze me.

laracroft
01-03-2010, 12:29 AM
U,these are soo lovely,its amazing how talented people are,i love before and after,check out eibhlins pics,im going 2 pop sme of mine up but you guys give so much inspiration.thank you..

Scrabble
01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
These are really beautiful.

Gormal
04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Really love the heart cushion. What a fab idea to stuff the heart. You are an inspiration to us all

KSerra
16-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Beautiful.
I've seen some of your re-purposed items but haven't commented previously.
I love all the wonderful things you create from what would normally be considered rubbish!