PDA

View Full Version : Desk from bedside tables/ little chest of drawers

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
26-03-2010, 10:35 AM
These were two bedside tables/little chest of drawers from my old house which I no longer needed. The room I was decorating was quite narrow so I created my own desk/dressingtable by fitting a narrow piece of pine board between the two bedside tables Added a mirror to the wall(freebie), a lamp(present from a friend), chair (freebie), and upholstered it to match the bed covers. Now my guests have somewhere to sit and write, attend to make-up etc and drawers to keep things, all in a narrow piece of furniture and at no great cost!

Linn
26-03-2010, 10:51 AM
These were two bedside tables/little chest of drawers from my old house which I no longer needed. The room I was decorating was quite narrow so I created my own desk/dressingtable by fitting a narrow piece of pine board between the two bedside tables Added a mirror to the wall(freebie), a lamp(present from a friend), chair (freebie), and upholstered it to match the bed covers. Now my guests have somewhere to sit and write, attend to make-up etc and drawers to keep things, all in a narrow piece of furniture and at no great cost!
WOW your ideas are brillant the just keep getting better and better,
Well done and thanks for sharing them.
Regards Linn

Bunty
26-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Again, Well Done. B

snorry
26-03-2010, 11:33 AM
very good idea well done

Gormal
26-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Fantastic job thanks for sharing

Mandolin
26-03-2010, 06:35 PM
What a first class idea - how do you come up with them! thanks. M

unapam
28-03-2010, 06:40 PM
You've done it again! I just love dual purpose items. Great!

tudlytops
28-03-2010, 06:54 PM
great idea and so simple :)

stormg
30-03-2010, 11:27 AM
hiya my name is haley i am looking for a small one

Belarus
30-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh my God you are so talented. Your creativity is unbelievable. It puts us all to shame and we should definitely take a leaf out of your book. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Best wishes.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
30-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Don't know how I think of the ideas, just have a knack for thinking 'outside the box' and seeing how things can be changed. The trick is don't be afraid to try things. Whatever the item you are working on, just keep reminding yourself that it was made by another human being, and what has been done, can be undone or re-done!! Eibh.