PDA

View Full Version : my new chair and a chest of drawers

magda_ola
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I love my new chair and a chest of drawers. I hope some of you will like it as well.

chucken1
05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
The chair is so bright and sunny. Well done. I LOVE the chest of drawers!! How did you do that? Is it wallpaper?

junkista
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
i think you've done a fantastic job!!!the drawers look great and the chair is so vibrant!!

tudlytops
05-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I LOVE the chest of drawers, flowers not quite me, but you've done a wonderful job on both of them.

Wanna do a few of mine lol.

unapam
05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I recognise that fabric!!!! I think I gave that to you. It looks really wonderful on the chair. Great transormation on both the pieces. Well done!

Gormal
05-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Great job, well done. Am also curious as to how the drawers are done?

Belarus
06-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Oh my God they are absolutely fantastic. That chair is so bright and cheerful it would cheer anybody up on a dull wet Irish morning. Well done and thanks for sharing. Regards

sparkwell
06-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Wonderful job magda ola that chair is a real feature now and you did a complete Cinderella job on the chest of drawers. You'll have to tell us how you did it!

Mandolin
06-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Fantastic! There are some real geniuses here, love it!

Bunty
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM
These are beautiful, such a great job. Is it contact on the drawers?? Wonderful. B.

Linn
06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
OH WOW, the are both fab and well done.

magda_ola
06-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Hello to everybody,
first of all thanks for so nice words. I'm happy that you like them.
And about the drawers: that's veneer, well kind of veneer. It comes in a roll and it's something like a foil. On one side is a design and the other side is self adhesive. It just have to be cutted to size.

And unapam thanks for the material again. It took a while to do something with it, but I was waiting for the right chair.

magda_ola
06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Anne (Gormal) I have a project for the fabric I've got from you. I will do a roman blind for a small box bedroom. It will actually take a while. I just need to find a place to get a mechanism for roman blinds.
Will somebody actually know where can I get that?

Gormal
06-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't know about the kits, but you can make one with lengths of doweling, brass/plastic rings, cord and a weight for the bottom. An old friend of mine made some years ago from scratch, I'm trying to remember if she weighed the bottom down or just used the doweling.
If you google DIY roman blind or roman blind tutorial you will find a few.

wickwocks
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
what a fab transformation on both chair and drawers i have a set of drawers the same and that is fab way of changing them,

my other half is blinds fitter so will check with him if he has any bits that might be able to help you with roman blins and pm you

wickwocks

wickwocks
07-05-2010, 08:16 PM
what a fab transformation on both chair and drawers i have a set of drawers the same and that is fab way of changing them,

my other half is blinds fitter so will check with him if he has any bits that might be able to help you with roman blins and pm you

wickwocks

Flossed
07-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Magda Ola, loved your handiwork - chair and drawers are beautiful. You mentioned you used vinyl on the drawers - is this like contact or more like a vinyl table cloth but with adhesive on the back? Thinking about doing something similar myself!

earthprince
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Fabulous job Magda. You are very artistic. What sort of paint did you use on the legs of the chair. Did you cover over the plastic of the chair of remove it? I have a chair like it that the OT gave my husband and it is very ugly and I Would love to brighten it up.

melissabell
10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
WOW!!!
They look really designer and retro! I really really love the chair changing the colour of the metal really worked and I must say i hated that chest of drawers before you did it up! your a real inspiration :)

magda_ola
11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
To Flossed:
that's more like contact, it's not a table cloth. I'm not sure when you can get something like that in Ireland, cause I bought it in Poland. But I saw something similar in B&Q but don't remember the name. And it was in small rolls and mine is in quite big, so it was enough for a chest of drawers.

magda_ola
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
To earthprince:
the legs were painted with spray paint bought in Woodies; that paint is the best to paint accesories or furniture, it does not leave any marks like a brush;

the original cover on the chair was leather; I covered over it; it was in quite good condition just the colour was absolutely horrible;

Flossed
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks magda ola for coming back to me - will take a look in B&Q.

TickTock
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
What a great imagination to have seen the possibilities. Well done!

valjoyce
06-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi the chair is great but the chest of drawers is simply marvellous.
fantastic work altogether. vj

magda_ola
07-08-2011, 08:32 PM
ooo thank you for the last comments; I'm sitting in this chair writing this:)
aa that's true, with a bit of imagination you can have lovely things done with just normal or old furniture:)