PDA

View Full Version : Tea-towels before & after

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
13-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I bought a lot of these linen tea towels from a dump basket in a sale, really cheap, as I liked the colours. It rained most of the day today so I got busy with the sewing machine and made the following:
A cushion for a garden seat out of three t-towels. Joined them together and attached a new front to an old piece of foam my Mum threw out.

A cushion for a garden bench out of another two and a bit! I used a double layer of duvet inside this and as they are only for the garden, I didn't bother with zips. If they need washing I'll throw the whole thing in the machine!

Four cushions for sitting outside on sunny days. These were easy-just folded over a t-towel and stitched two sides, put in some filling and stitched the third side.

Some little lavender sachets. I followed Unapam's instructions for these, but not as pretty as hers--time and practice will help.LOL

I then ran out of thread :( so no more sewing, but I cut out pieces to make some more sachets and some little scented pillows, so back to the machine tomorrow after the shops open :)

unapam
14-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Fabulous collection! My fav has to be the elephants one. Gorgeous..all of them.

magda_ola
14-05-2010, 07:55 AM
the elephants are my fovourite as well;
and the butterflys are lovely;
where did you buy them?

raviravi
14-05-2010, 08:29 AM
WOW, your imagination is beyond belief and your talent is endless along with Unapam, Gormal and many others whose threads I love to look at and dont know how you all do it, I would love just a pinch of your talents

Gormal
14-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Fabulous!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
09-06-2010, 09:52 AM
the elephants are my fovourite as well;
and the butterflys are lovely;
where did you buy them?
Hi Magda, I got them in an ordinary hardware shop in a dump basket of reduced items.

Rachelirl
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Magda, I got them in an ordinary hardware shop in a dump basket of reduced items.

Hi Eibhlin,

the tea towels are great; what a good idea! I've often seen nice tea towels with stuff like herbs and spices etc on them.

(I may be stealing this idea from You) !!! LOL