PDA

View Full Version : sewing machines for Africa

chintz
22-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Does anyone know of an Irish charity that collects old manual sewing machines for Africa? I've looked on the Internet but can't find any Irish ones.

junkista
22-06-2010, 07:38 AM
hi chintz,
i havent heard of any charities doing this.. its a great idea, most households have an unused machine gathering dust.
im sure you would be inundated if you put the word out.
junkista

Sel
22-06-2010, 02:03 PM
fields of life collect them. you can look them up at fields of life . com

Its great, my family has been involved in this and have met many of the people who receive the machines and have seen firsthand how people benefit.

if you want any more info please ask

chintz
22-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks for that Sel. I've looked it up and I'll get in touch with the Dublin office.
You're right Junkista...there are loads of those machines lying around gathering dust when they could be helping African families to earn a living. I was holding on to mine for sentimental reasons but really it was just in my way and always dusty!
If anyone else wants to donate theirs, the Dublin contact is Trevor Stevenson in Shankhill, Tel: 01 2827777.

Sel
22-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Just to let you know, there is no one in the office at the moment so you will get a voice mail, which will be answered. Alternatively you can email trevor@fieldsoflife.com

thanks everyone