JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Clothes-line versus Tumble-dryer / "Green" laundry (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=72789)

TickTock 25-11-2009 10:51 AM

Clothes-line versus Tumble-dryer / "Green" laundry

Mandolin, Your dad's is the most practical solution and a heck of a lot cheaper than the Odryer design - does the same job!

chucken1 25-11-2009 05:34 PM

Great idea Mandolins dad!!!!

B_Happy 03-12-2009 11:23 PM

Thanks Moloney 2

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with damp and of course the wet clothes need ventilation too. My house has plenty of vents, so I should be okay. We also have an old dog who is in and out all the time..even in the rain and wind..Guess, he's young at heart.

Thanks anyway for the advice which I take on board.

Happy drying days..Anyway, "when winter comes can Spring be far behind". We live in hopes.

nanny56 03-12-2009 11:37 PM

Free wind

"Line winder, wind finder" is a very handy rachet type handle for letting clothes lines up and down. I got mine in B&Q. My work mate calls tumble dryers "polar bear crunchers" due to their reputation for energy guzzling and subsequent damage to icebergs.

Chris P 06-11-2010 11:02 PM

from Admin

Time for this thread's annual bump...

TickTock 07-11-2010 01:04 AM

Good one Chris. I finally got my washing line back into service this recent summer - it's 40 years old......and it works like new!!!! Lol!!

Chris P 07-11-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TickTock
Good one Chris. I finally got my washing line back into service this recent summer - it's 40 years old......and it works like new!!!! Lol!!

Nice one, TickTock!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Leo1 07-11-2010 02:56 PM

Clothes Line

When we bought our house 9 years ago the first thing I got was a table & chairs followed by a clothes line. I love my line, wouldn't be without it. I love seeing a full line of clothes drying in the wind. Looking out at my neighbours gardens; one has a small rotary line and another has a retractable line - no one else has any, I wonder how they dry their clothes? I also have a clothes airer for wet days & radiator airers for smalls.

TickTock 08-11-2010 01:52 PM

Either your neighbours all have electric dryers or they might do what one of my friends does - she brings the laundry to the laundrette! She discovered her laundrette one day when she was pressed for time with visitors coming and she's used it ever since! More money than sense I think. my friend!

Leo1 08-11-2010 02:57 PM

Clothes Line

oh wouldn't that be nice; someone doing all the washing for you! I think clothes lines are seen as old fashioned, people seem to comment on mine

TickTock 08-08-2011 11:48 AM

Here I am watching torrential rain from my window. I've hung the clothes out three times over the last two days and they are just getting wetter and wetter and there is more in the washing machine ready to come out and join them. Fed up with this summer! I may just have to use the dryer again, dammit!

trish53 23-11-2011 12:13 AM

dry clothes

bought my self an old fashioned spinner. 5 euros on clara market,electric spinner that spins the clothes so fast the towels come out almost dry,cant do with out it.

Sarahnimble 09-01-2012 11:08 AM

Electric Clothes Horse

I think tumbler dryers are very costly and for what to dry your clothes just a bit quicker. I recently found a electric clothes horse which is very energy efficient, at the same power as using a standard light bulb! Now thats really efficient!
Another wonderful Green tip I saw was on Groupon, it is great for those who don't like doing the cleaning or are too busy to. These cleaners come to your house and use enviormentally friendly cleaning products!

TickTock 09-01-2012 01:47 PM

The mild weather at the moment is a Godsend. Fresh air is free, (at least until the govt cops on to it!!!)

TickTock 31-05-2012 12:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just came across this site by accident and they have another idea for drying clothes indoors, but would be too small for families. I haven't really seen much on the site that I actually like but there are some amazing and very clever designs for furniture and architecture. It's all pretty short on character and cozy though! But check out the Micro Houses in Japan, and the Origami Apartment in Manhattan, particularly if you live in a small space.

http://shoeboxdwelling.com/2012/05/29/blindry/