JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Papercrafts (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=63798)

TickTock 06-08-2009 11:28 PM

Papercrafts

4 Attachment(s)
I promised Mrsl and Scrabble to list some craft websites I visit. I am sure you know there are thousands of great sites and these a just a few which I visit from time to time. At present I am starting to make recycled Christmas Cards and here are a few I made last year for a fundraiser.

www.ansiopabui.ie
www.splitcoaststampers.com
www.heroarts.com
www.etsy.com
www.woodware.co.uk
www.floralpunchcraft.com
www.impressrubberstamps.com
www.craftcreations.co.uk
www.rubberstamptapestry.com
www.papertole.co.uk
www.marthastewart.com
www.bladerubberstamps.co.uk
www.craftsupplies.ie

mrsl 07-08-2009 10:10 AM

I use www.madaboutcards.com a lot.

Nice cards Tick Tock. I am also making recycled christmas cards for charity this year. I must post some photos of them and maybe we will get others on to it as well:)

TickTock 07-08-2009 02:28 PM

Papercrafts

Great idea Mrsl. I have a load of old Christmas Cards and it's a bit daunting to think up so many different designs. Particularly as cost can be a factor, as I try to keep the costs down for any embellishments. Looking forward to seeing your cards and any others that may turn up here.

mrsl 07-08-2009 06:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
TickTock here are a few I made this week, I hope to get better at it!!

Chris P 07-08-2009 09:10 PM

from Admin

Great stuff, TickTock & mrsl. Thanks for your sharing your ideas and handiwork!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

TickTock 07-08-2009 09:13 PM

Papercrafts

No improvement necessary Mrsl. Your cards are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. We must keep this up.

mammysboy2k9 07-08-2009 09:16 PM

fair play 2ye both for yer time and dedication d cards r fabulous keep up d good work

TickTock 07-08-2009 09:28 PM

Papercrafts

Thanks Mammysboy for your kind comments.

Scrabble 07-08-2009 11:01 PM

Thanks

Thanks TickTock for starting this thread.I love to make cards and scrapbook but time is always against me! When I can I will upload some photos of my handy work.
Love the cards you made and mrsl too.I never make my christmas cards on time.
Theres always a mad rush a week before christmas to get them finished and sent.
Thanks also for the links.My poor husband thinks my arse is glued to this seat because I'm on Jumble Town so much.LOL!

Kind regards
Scrabble

Chris P 07-08-2009 11:36 PM

More craft sites

Crafty JumbleTowners should also check out the "Helful Sites and Tips" thread...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=34368

Regards
Chris P
Admin

TickTock 08-08-2009 04:57 PM

Papercrafts

Do you always make your own Christmas cards Scrabble? I used to do it years ago but it got too much and to be honest some people I sent them to really weren't that interested in whether they were handmade or not. So now I only send them to a very few friends who really want to receive the handmade ones and who understand the amount of work that goes into them. I mostly give them to fundraisers.

I will post more recycled cards when I have got them done.

Are there any other JTers who recycle Christmas cards? If so, please join in.

Scrabble 08-08-2009 07:16 PM

Christmas cards

I used to make loads of christmas for everyone I knew but now I only give handmade to those who appreciate them like yourself.
I stick to a simple design so its not too overwhelming.I realised when it wasn't fun anymore that I was making too many.
I love making my childrens birthday cards.Only last week I made a castle card for my 4yr old and of course Dora was on it too.
I always make things for the childrens teachers at christmas and end of school year because I know that they are appreciated.

Happy crafting
Scrabble

durran 08-08-2009 07:19 PM

Hi
They are lovely Tick Tock and Mrsl, I hope you keep us informed about your craft fairs, I would love to attend.

Scrabble 08-08-2009 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A card I made last year.Hope this works because I'm trying to resize my photos and I don't really have a clue about it.

Scrabble 08-08-2009 08:39 PM

I can't believe that worked.Now I'm off to resize some more to show off!!

Scrabble 08-08-2009 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This one is recycled.I just put a used tag on it.

Scrabble 08-08-2009 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my baby girl.Shes 4 years old now.This is an 8"x8" scrapbook page.
I printed out the title and then hand cut it.It took a while!!LOL!!

Scrabble 08-08-2009 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more.I think I need to make these a bit smaller.
These are my two boys.They don't look like that any more.I'm nearly looking up at them now.How time flys.

TickTock 08-08-2009 09:20 PM

Papercrafts

Hi there Scrabble - your cards and scrap pages are lovely. I use the VSO resizer for photos, sometimes I need to bring the size down, again and again so they will fit. My camera has different photo sizes but it doesn't take photos small enough for JT, but I am still getting used to it. Hope more JTers join in with us. I will post more when they are done. I also do brand new ones too.

mrsl 08-08-2009 10:18 PM

These are lovely Scrabble. More, more!!

I use Paint to resize, very easy ...just open the photo using Paint, then go to Image tab and select Resize/Skew.

Resize by 50% in the top 2 Horizontal and Vertical boxes. I often have to resize again (maybe next time by 80%) to bring the image down small enough for JT.

mrsl

thepallasbull 08-08-2009 10:32 PM

hold ur head up high and keep showing them off because u deserve it keep up the good work(",)!!

Scrabble 09-08-2009 09:10 AM

Thank you

Thank you very much for all your lovely comments.

I resized my photos in photo express.I'm always afraid I'l press the wrong button and delete everything!! The photos I do have up are the max size allowed by Jumble Town but they look huge.I'l play around with it today and see if I can upload them smaller.

The first craft site I became a member of was docrafts.co.uk.I have a gallery full of cards there and so do my children.Its a long time since I uploaded a card there.Its a great site for ideas.I prefer the American style of both scrapbooking and cardmaking, thats why I love twopeasinabucket.

Thanks again
Happy crafting
Scrabble

Scrabble 09-08-2009 10:14 AM

Cd recycled

3 Attachment(s)
Cds are great for using on cards.
I gave a craft class at my childrens school last year and we made cd scrapbooks.I used a cropadile(great hole punching tool) to punch holes in the cds,then covered the cds with fancy paper,stuck on some photos and put rings through the holes to hold it all together.The kids loved making them.

Scrabble 09-08-2009 10:35 AM

Teacher thank you cards

3 Attachment(s)
I love to use an apple on a card for teachers.The apples here were cheap keyrings I got in penneys.

TickTock 09-08-2009 11:27 PM

Papercrafts

I've just been playing around with Paint and it seems a lot easier than the VSO. So I'm really happy with that. Thanks Mrsl. Your cards are fab Scrabble. I've never used cds on cards. The apple keyrings are a clever idea. Gosh I can see a great future for this thread!

Scrabble 10-08-2009 05:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few more of mine.
Come on girls,I want to see more of YOUR fab work.
Scrabble

Scrabble 10-08-2009 06:20 PM

Hi crafters,
I've just uploaded my new storage boxes made from beer boxes in the before and after section if you would like to take a look.
Still waiting to see more of everyones handy work.
Regards
Scrabble.

kate44 10-08-2009 07:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are nowhere near as good as yours scrabble but i was quiet proud of myself for a first attempt.lol.

Let me no what you think. !!
Thanks for the tips on uploading photos i can finally do it.Yippee

Scrabble 10-08-2009 08:41 PM

Hi Kate44,
These cards are great.I've been making cards a few years now and really only make them when I need them.I seem to work better under pressure. I like to stamp and use embossing powders and I love brads and eyelets.
I'd love to see more of your work soon.
Happy crafting
Regards
Scrabble

pulldotherone 10-08-2009 10:46 PM

WOW ye are gifted thay are all fab well done
________
Wendie 99

TickTock 10-08-2009 11:12 PM

Papercrafts

Kate44 - lovely cards. Do you have a Cuttlebug or Big Shot? I've stopped myself from buying expensive machines but I expect they do help a lot, particularly for dry embossing, I'm still using the lightbox. But I do have the small X-Cut which I bought when they brought the price way down, but now I know the reason - the pieces are too small really, so it was probably a false economy.

I made some cards this evening but haven't the energy to take photos right now. I'll catch up with you again girls.

Scrabble 14-08-2009 07:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some recent cards I made.

Scrabble 14-08-2009 09:40 PM

Hi crafters,
I just found out that a craft shop in Greystones is having a craft day on Sunday from 12-6.They are selling craft items for sterling prices.( I am not connected to this buisness in any way.)
If anyone would like more information please pm me.
I'm still waiting to see more of your fab creations.Unless you are like me and are waiting for the kids to go back to school for some ME time!LOL!

Happy crafting
Regards
Scrabble

mrsl 15-08-2009 09:23 AM

Hi Scrabble,
Do you know the name of that shop?
mrsl

Scrabble 15-08-2009 09:32 AM

Hi mrsl,
Its Premier arts and craft store.Its beside the lidl shop,Blacklion,Greystones.
Should be good if all the prices are sterling.The number is 01 2873796 in case you can't find it.

Happy crafting
Scrabble

TickTock 15-08-2009 11:30 AM

Papercrafts

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more - the brown ones are from last year and the other three I did this week. I need to get up more speed on the cards. Thanks for the info Scrabble - I may make it, not sure yet.

TickTock 15-08-2009 11:33 AM

Papercrafts

Really like your house card. I must give it a go myself.

Scrabble 15-08-2009 08:43 PM

Hi TickTock,
I love your cards.Alot of people don't think to use brown cardstock but it can really make your cards stand out.I haven't started making christmas stuff yet.
I'm making a stationery box for teacher presents.I already made some for last years teachers and they were a hit.I got the details through twopeas website.I will upload them shortly.Keep the cards coming.I'm loving this.

Happy crafting
Scrabble

Scrabble 15-08-2009 09:09 PM

Stationery boxes

3 Attachment(s)
These were easy to make.I followed a patern I downloaded off twopeasinabucket website.If anyone would like details to make one, just ask.Thats the lid beside the open box.I should have taken a photo with the lid on!!

mrsl 16-08-2009 03:23 PM

Absolutely fabulous Scrabble. I'd give it a try if you'd send me on the instructions, please?

I'm going off to check that website now:)
Thanks
mrls