JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   aluminium sheets for raised beds (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=69767)

minnie pal 04-10-2009 09:43 PM

aluminium sheets for raised beds

hi, i want to make a corner curved raised bed, aluminium sheeting was suggested, anyone know where i might get some sheets of this at not too expe=nsive price?
thanks in anticipation.
minnie pal

cianer 04-10-2009 11:11 PM

I have aluminium sheeting I recently took from an old mobile home I dismantled in the garden. There's paint on one side which could easily be removed with a sander. There's loads of it so i'm sure there's a piece to suit you. Will be bringing it to the recycling centre in the next few weeks anyway

minnie pal 14-10-2009 10:23 PM

hi sorry

sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
have you any of the aluminium sheeting left?
I really would love it! and can collect.
where are you? that is if it has not departed for further pastures green or otherwise?
minnie pal

cianer 14-10-2009 11:07 PM

We still have it, haven't gotten organised enough yet to get it to the recycling centre! We're in north Dublin, near Skerries

minnie pal 14-10-2009 11:27 PM

so glad

Now dont go and get too organised yet! I would love to come to skerries shortly to seek out your aluminium, but skerries might be a tad bit far for me to drive so i have used up my pa hours this week and next so bare with me and when i get a driver i would wing (drive out) and see your aluminium with hope.
would that be ok with you?
xminnie pal

cianer 14-10-2009 11:47 PM

that's no problem, I have to borrow the work van anyway so it's no hassle to hang on, no panic! Give me a shout when you're ready

dee1 16-10-2009 07:33 PM

sheeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie pal
hi, i want to make a corner curved raised bed, aluminium sheeting was suggested, anyone know where i might get some sheets of this at not too expe=nsive price?
thanks in anticipation.
minnie pal

where are you based?do you mean the galvinise sheets.

minnie pal 18-10-2009 03:06 PM

hi sorry

I am in the dun laoghaire area, just out of the flipping hospital now! can collect or come and see the aluminium sheeting if still available soon.
xminnie pal

dee1 18-10-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie pal
I am in the dun laoghaire area, just out of the flipping hospital now! can collect or come and see the aluminium sheeting if still available soon.
xminnie pal

i hope all is well health wise w/you now,what i'd have left 3/4 sheets isnt worth driving for,would be cheaper to buy it ,sorry.
But if anyones in my neck of the woods their welcome to them...

cianer 19-10-2009 09:08 AM

@minniepal: Sheets still here waiting for ya. Send me a PM and we can sort out a time for you to come get them. Not sure how much you need but you can take as much or as little as you like.

cianer 19-10-2009 09:08 PM

Hey Minniepal, I tried to send you a private message about the aluminium sheets but it says your storage is exceeded so the message wasn't delivered.

cianer 12-01-2010 03:05 PM

Hey Minniepal, its been nearly 3 months since I heard from you so I've recycled all the aluminium.