JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbishing an old Cottage/bungalow – Kitchen finally (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=89786)

bubble 07-06-2010 10:45 PM

well done

the place is coming along great fair play to ye for all yer hard work

tudlytops 11-06-2010 05:33 PM

Slowly buy surrely we getting there.

footworks 11-06-2010 06:49 PM

Well done guys for all your hard work...fair play:) You should be so proud.

mk1dub 12-06-2010 08:27 AM

wow, very impressive, nice to see unwanted stuff can be made so wanted again.. so to speak. well done..

tudlytops 05-07-2010 01:18 PM

Thank you :)

So far we have or will put everything we were given to good use, for the moment now we are taken advantage of the good weather and doing odd jobs outside.

As soon as we have internet again will be posting some more pictures :), all depends on eircom, we've only been waiting a couple of months :)

iliy 08-09-2010 03:26 PM

hoping to do up my Nan's house if they decide to give it to me, but its falling down.must be gutted and have no money so was hoping to do it through jumble town and the good will of people, but every one I've said it to is putting it down and saying how it wont work.thank ye for putting my dreams strong in my mind again and proving that you can make things happen from hard work and kindness....this is a great gift for people to see.

mw100860 08-09-2010 03:46 PM

re house

Good on ya Illy, its great to see old houses being refurbished. Too many of them falling down around the country and they have sooo much more character and quality than what passes for housing nowadays
More people like you and less people on housing waiting lists. The govt should give grants to people to do up such houses, give them a bit of incentive

bubble 08-09-2010 09:34 PM

the cottege is comin on graet well done

tudlytops 12-09-2010 12:08 AM

Thank you all.

I always dreamt of a small place with a garden all around, that was all I ever wanted.

Could never afford anything though, but when we saw this house we just knew this was it.

We doing it with very little money, bit by bit, people in JT have been great and we getting there.

When we moved in we still didn't have water and we only just got it about 3 weeks ago, it was a long 4+ month without water, but it had its funny moments.

Its small, but it is all we need and we got way more then just a garden all around, we will be growing our own stuff and as soon as we can get a chicken hut will be having chickens to :)

Never give up the dream it is possible.

Leahsmam 08-11-2010 01:17 PM

hi your doing a great job. it will be great when finished. a lot of work to take on.

paprika 08-11-2010 10:12 PM

Well done, it looks absolutely lovely! Hope all goes well with your cottage renovation! :)

tudlytops 09-11-2010 12:57 AM

Its getting there slowly, we still have the kitchen floor to do, but at least this room is usable.

We now sleep in the cottage to, no more caravan :P

melissabell 10-05-2011 01:10 AM

This is fantastic!!!! you really are inspiring!!!!

tudlytops 12-05-2011 10:42 PM

Thanks...:)

Will be updating the other thread soon I hope...

tudlytops 13-05-2011 02:01 PM

the floor is now also finished...another job out of the way...:P