JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   car boot sales (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6394)

tradinghippie 23-07-2008 11:19 PM

hey everyone. ive started to collect coins again. Wondering if anyone knows any markets or boot sales where i might pick up some for cheap.

Thanks
Trading hippie

smokeyeyes 23-07-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradinghippie
hey everyone. ive started to collect coins again. Wondering if anyone knows any markets or boot sales where i might pick up some for cheap.

Thanks
Trading hippie

hi, i've seen a stall in george's arcade (between grafton st and georges street) selling all kinds of old currancy. Hope this is of help to you.

tradinghippie 23-07-2008 11:56 PM

Hey thanks very for your reply. I was up there the other day. got a few things. a lot of them were very expensive tho more than they are listed in the Irish coin catalogue.

Narizota 24-07-2008 08:30 AM

Trim Boot Sale is usually held on the last Saturday of the month,and this month is no exception.

It is held in the Diocesan Hall on Loman St,which is near Supervalu starts at 10 am

Lots of bargains to be had so get there early!!

cler 29-07-2008 01:14 PM

Charity Jumble Sale

Hi all

I'll be holding a charity jumble sale on Saturday 9th August in aid of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.

It'll take place in 122 The Maples, off Bird Avenue in Clonskeagh, Co. Dublin from 10am on saturday morning.

Would be very appreciative of any donations on the day from fellow Jumbletowners. We had also planned doing some facepainting and a couple of games etc so bring the kids along!

Hope that helps, jumble enthusiasts

Claire

durran 30-07-2008 03:57 PM

Hi cler
I will try to put together a few bits for your sale of work.
hope to see you there
deirdre

cler 31-07-2008 05:01 PM

thanks!

Thanks Deirdre, I can't believe how helpful Jumbletowners are!

Kind regards

Claire

pajo 06-08-2008 09:46 PM

re car boot in naas

hi boots, the car boot in naas racecourse is not advertised at all. just 4 everyones attention, the sale is on each sunday beginning at about 9am and going till about 3 or 4pm. it isnt very well supported by the locals ,probably because most of them dont even know its on ,or where it is located. it now costs 10 euro for a car and 15 euro for a small van. to get in to naas racecourse take the turn onto the blessington rd at tesco then take the first left onto tipper rd ,go straight up this road 4 about i minute and the racecourse is on the left. cheers, pajo !!!!!!

filo 09-08-2008 06:25 PM

Car Boot Sale - St David's Greystones

Hi all, I’m a car boot virgin and weather permitting I’m hoping to do one in St. David’s in Greystones Sunday week. I was just wondering what sort of lay out have they got - I.E how much room do you get between each car, do people put boxes around their table, Is it on grass or tarmac, are you allowed put a gazebo up. I would be very grateful for any replies.

Regards Filo

cler 09-08-2008 06:30 PM

Jumble sale in aid of the Rape CRisis Centre

Hi all

Due to a huge volume of jumble donated, the sale will continue tomorrow (Sunday 10th August) from 11am.

122 The Maples
off Bird Avenue
Clonskeagh
Dublin 14

Hope to see you there and many thanks to those who made it out today!

Claire

upthedubs 11-08-2008 10:56 PM

car boot sales

Hiya does anyone know of a car boot sale on this sat 15/8/08 thanks

bridget123 11-08-2008 11:04 PM

naas boot sale

this market has great potential to be even better than fairyhouse if only more buyers would support it. every body gets great space to display their goods ,and are genuine car booters,and they can leave when they want,unlike fairyhouse ,car booters are not allowed to leave before 5 pm.my friend sold there and she was locked in until 5 pm ..... even when her stuff was sold. "she said not a nice position to be in".also they charged her 30euro,nass is on every sunday now .I always go to have a look got nice stuff there.

Ocker 12-08-2008 06:52 AM

Where in Naas is the car-boot sale?

DAVEDAVE 12-08-2008 10:32 AM

Car Boots

i believe there are a few on in Cork this weekend coming.
there was one advertised in the Cork Independent last week for the the Cork Camogie board at their grounds in Blackrock/Mahon next Sunday 17th and also i heard that Kilcully for the scouts is on as well...

i have done a few in the past and i think the best one is Glanmire followed by Rathcormac,hoping to get back into doing them again in the next few weeks.
Clutter has been mounting again.

Jumbletown is a great site and i have given away a few items and people on here are great.
as somebody said earlier carbooting is still recycling only you make a few quid and i also think it is not for everybody plus some people don't drive and for some items you would actually need a van.

it would also be great if somebody could post some tips on carboot's do's and don't and maybe a few warning's for first timer's.. i'll start,in no particular order

1.Arrive early to get a good pitch.
2. Keep prices low,people generally only want to spend a few euro's
3.Try and have a helper,certain groups will swap a stall and try and fill their pockets.
4. Keep an eye on your small items,especially if they are valuable.
5.when you first arrive don't be surprised about people crowding around your car and going through your stuff,you can make a few sales but you need to be aware of what's going on.
6. when packing up,i usually pack up slowly because it can attract people who think they will get a bargain.
7.Not everything sells,some carboots will be good for selling books and others no books will sell.
8.try and have a look around to see what others have on their stalls and if you have the same then ask the price.
9.if you have a car,park with the other cars where posssible not next to the big vans
10. reshufle the stall every few hours and move stuff around every few hours
11. Good clean clothes will always sell well especially kids clothes
i hope the above helps and is added to .

all failing that Jumbletown is a great website

bridget123 12-08-2008 11:19 AM

naas car boot

hi ocker . coming into naas from the dublin side ,turn left at pennys/ tesco down to next lights turn left again .its down the road a few hundred yds on the left,you cant miss it.It deserves a bit of support as it is run by nice people .if it gets up and running it will be great,as a great spot with great space.

irishorla 13-08-2008 03:16 PM

Car Boot's in Louth/Monaghan???

Hi Everyone,
Never been to a car boot sale before.... Looking to get rid of some junk of mine that other people may want.... kids clothes, unused makeup, kids stationary, and kids magnets/keyrings/rulers.... do you think these would sell?
Do you know of any car boots in the louth or monaghan area this weekend sat 16th or sun 17th of august??
Any comments would be much appreciated! :D

Ocker 13-08-2008 03:35 PM

Thanks for the info Bridgett. Will give it a try soon.

newstemp 13-08-2008 07:56 PM

Wexford: Inch & The Un Yoke

At Inch (about 5miles north of Gorey, just South of Wicklow, do not know exact months) on Saturday

The "Un Yoke" on Sunday (about Apr-Dec, do not know exact months) on Wexford coastal rd a few miles north of Castlebridge. There is a pub there called the "Un Yoke", where merchants would un-yoke their horses from their carriages on the way to Wexford town, I am told.

DH

MMG 13-08-2008 09:46 PM

Longford

There is a car boot at Flancare Park in Longford on Bank Holiday Mondays only. Is about 50 stalls, mostly genuine car boots rather than market. Flancare is about a mile out of Longford on the Strokestown Road.

chrissyalone 16-08-2008 05:26 PM

boot sales

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shado_w
looking for any information regarding ANY car boot sales ANYWHERE in the country this year. THANKS

Hi....there is a new boot sale in the centre of Limerick City every sunday from 10am in the centre car park.

chrisssyalone

JULIEBABY 16-08-2008 07:35 PM

car boot sales

Have absolutely loads of clothes that would love to sell, have done a few car boots sales in past, sometimes good, sometimes bad e.g. money made.
Does anyone know of an indoor market, would love to do some now while kids off school as when son goes back Sat and Sun are normally taken up with going to matches either soccer or gaa. Any markets on next weekend 23/24/08, if you could let me know it would be brilliant, thanks Juliebaby

zachwweecw 20-08-2008 12:07 PM

car boot sales in cavan area

does anyone know the next car boot sale in cavan or near cavan. any car boot sales before the 28 of august.
thanks

Bunty 22-08-2008 08:34 PM

Query

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if there is a car-boot on in Cork area next Sun. I have been to Rathcormac, I thought it was great & arrived home with such a load of 'GOODIES'??? I was hoping hubby would not be around, most of the 'Great Buys' I gave to friends, who probably took them out of politeness.

I would love to go to another one, so perhaps somebody might advise on some one in Cork/Limerick area next Sunday.

Happy Buying!!
Bunty

Tribesman06 23-08-2008 12:26 PM

Any in Galway / Mayo area that anyone knows of?

MistyMoon 24-08-2008 03:17 AM

car boot sales

sorry but I don't know anything about car boot sales in that part of the country

misstake 24-08-2008 08:28 AM

heard there is a big one on in claremorris today thats near knock

mar754 28-08-2008 08:35 AM

Boot Sales

Hi All, Anyone know of a bootsale in or near Killarney this weekend, just addicted to them Thanks

mar754 28-08-2008 08:43 AM

car boot sunday 30th

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunty
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if there is a car-boot on in Cork area next Sun. I have been to Rathcormac, I thought it was great & arrived home with such a load of 'GOODIES'??? I was hoping hubby would not be around, most of the 'Great Buys' I gave to friends, who probably took them out of politeness.

I would love to go to another one, so perhaps somebody might advise on some one in Cork/Limerick area next Sunday.

Happy Buying!!
Bunty

Great one always Glanmire, August 30th. {nice weather please}

poppey 28-08-2008 10:03 AM

Car boot sales near Red Cow

Hi

Does anyone have details on the car boot sales in Cookstown or near the Red Cow please.

Where are they exactly?
Are they on Sundays?
What time do they start?
Is there a contact number for them?
Can you just show up with stuff for sale on the day?

thanks very much in advance

mc1 04-09-2008 08:54 AM

Car boot - Fethard

Just wondering if anyboby has been /knows anything about the weekly car boot sale in Fethard, Co Tipp

mar754 04-09-2008 09:03 AM

Fethard boot sale

Hi I have been to the above boot sale just the once it was great best bargains ever good selection of goods for sale very well run, nice area as well. Will have to go back again.Well worth a visit.

loc5 04-09-2008 02:15 PM

mullin co fermanagh-sunday
ballyconnell co cavan-saturday

if people take stuff off here and make a few dry pound out of it so what? if you were able you would too whos to say where from what you got it it came from?? its all about recycling(real recycling not gathering it and sending it off to a foreign country where they wont be long getting the good out of it an us left with nothing eg its hard to get second hand parts for cars now even though theres lots of older yokes on the go in other countrys you go to)

way to go jumbletown:)

chakes 10-09-2008 07:18 AM

Car Boot Sale - Ballinasloe Sat 13/09

opposite Tesco
Not sure how good it is.

Fizzywitch 12-09-2008 02:11 PM

Co. Mayo - Roundfort

There is a car booty this Sunday 14th September at Roundfort near Claremorris.
It starts at 8am - 3pm.
Not sure what size it is but I am going to give it a go this weekend.
See how much 'stuff' I end up buying!! :-)

ghendy 12-09-2008 02:48 PM

Car Boot Sales

Have just read this in the Kildare Post:

Car Boot Sale every Saturday at Naas Racecourse in aid of Kildare Animal Foundation. Starts at 8.30am. For more information call Ross 086 2301229

filo 14-09-2008 06:16 AM

Today - St. David's Greystones

Hi all, There is a carbooy sale in St. David's Greystones today (Sunday) 9am - 3pm.

Tallon 16-09-2008 03:52 PM

This Should Be Made A Sticky!

Get On This Admin

Chris P 16-09-2008 04:03 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallon
This Should Be Made A Sticky!

Get On This Admin

Hi Tallon,

In general, we only make Admin posts "stickies."

Let me have a think about this one.