JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Painted bottles (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=33748)

LeLapin 23-09-2008 09:30 AM

Painted bottles

2 Attachment(s)
Just thought i'd share my little hobby here!!
If you have any old bottles or jars (olive oil, carrots, wine, pasta sauce etc) paint them with nice designs and you can use them as vases, candle holders, sugar bowls, storage jars etc. If you dont have a use for them donate them to a charity shop so they can make some money out of your recycling! :P
Here's some of mine....

LeLapin 23-09-2008 09:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some more bits....

MrX 23-09-2008 09:46 AM

very nice job, would love to see more of those interesting bottles :)

LeLapin 23-09-2008 09:47 AM

:P Im painting....im painting!!! Hahaha!!
I'll stick some more on when i get them done!

They make cool little pressies too!

BillieT 23-09-2008 10:52 AM

painted glass

very nice work. What do you use to draw the outline? Is it lead? And where do you get it? I keep all my jars and bottles for recycling, but I usually have tons at any one time. Definitely gonna try this.

Mickey 23-09-2008 11:35 AM

GORGEOUS WORK LELAPIN!

BillieT:
If you go to your local stationery/art/hobby store they should have a full range of leads (you get them in gold, pewter, silver, black, grey, etc) If you don't feel confident about your drawing skills then you could always by some outline stickers (in any of the above colours - green, yellow, red, pink, etc as well). Then all you do is fill in the blanks :o) - a bit like paint by numbers without the numbers. The glass paints can be bought in the same places - although from time to time in the €2 store or knick knack shops you would find some cheap sets.

If you are using this with kids then a water based product is better than the solvent one (fumes and clean-up-able-ness). The water based ones can be baked in an oven for 20 mins and they will set really well. NOT dishwasher safe - my attempt was ruined by someone's good intentions and now I have some kitchenware with bits of black that won't come off :o(.

Bettybooboopbedoop 23-09-2008 12:23 PM

Beautiful

They look absolutely fabulous. I'm sure there is a market for them as people always love handpainted glass.

Linn 23-09-2008 12:30 PM

The are beautiful, well done.

LeLapin 23-09-2008 02:28 PM

My friends by them off me! Which is great....im addicted to it though so any money i get from it goes back in to buying new colours and outliners!!! Hahaha! :P

I just get it all from the local art shop in town or Blanchardstown. I use tubes of outliner and do it free hand but it's taken me a lot of practice to get any good at it!

I've started buying cheap glasses from Tesco as well now and painting them for myself and friends and family!! :P

HappyHunter 23-09-2008 02:44 PM

They are beautiful, well done. I look forward to seeing more when you have them done.

Chris P 23-09-2008 02:46 PM

from Admin

Thanks for showing us your beautiful work, LeLapin. Keep it up!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Tootsie 23-09-2008 03:08 PM

Art Supplies

I love your bottles! I have lots of glass jars I hope to decorate and hang in my garden in the Spring.

Tell me, do you get your paints etc from Insp*ring Ide@s? I love that shop, especially the cafe! We lived in Castleknock for a year and I miss that shop so much.

LeLapin 23-09-2008 03:12 PM

Yeah!!!! Love that shop!! My fella doesnt though cos whenever i go in there i take AGEEEEEEEEEEES and spend way to much money!!! All the pretty stuff!!! :P Hahaha!!!

Tootsie 23-09-2008 03:16 PM

he he

Serves him right! lol

LeLapin 23-09-2008 03:21 PM

Hahaha!!! :P Well i like it and that's all that matters! :P