JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   creative ideas for two bikes please (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=62643)

pinklily 26-07-2009 04:32 PM

creative ideas for two bikes please

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have two bikes belong to my uncle who recently passed away. These bikes were a great part of his life as he was always out and about on them, and I would like to do something with them or make something out of them but i have no idea what, has anybody got any ideas please. I don't want to have to get rid of them. So i'm looking for help off all you creative people out there.

Butterflyj 26-07-2009 05:40 PM

creative bikes

I don't know if it was creativity or sheer necessity on the persons behalf.

I used to always drive past a Victorian house in London which had been made into apartments. This person lived on the first floor and I could see hanging up suspended by the wheel a bicycle in what appeared to be his kitchen.

food for thought

kate44 26-07-2009 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why not make a centerpiece for the garden from them ?

Hang a basket from the handlebars and fill with flowers and place one on the seat also.

Plant creepers and allow them to climb up the frame etc.

It is really lovely when finished.

Good luck.xx

kilk 26-07-2009 06:18 PM

why not make a figure out of them, i saw a- man sitting- made of an old bike in the roscommon arts centre recently. very impressive!

Fries-With-That 27-07-2009 08:00 AM

Old Bikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinklily
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have two bikes belong to my uncle who recently passed away. These bikes were a great part of his life as he was always out and about on them, and I would like to do something with them or make something out of them but i have no idea what, has anybody got any ideas please. I don't want to have to get rid of them. So i'm looking for help off all you creative people out there.

Hi Pinklily,

How old are the bikes, if you put up a picture and they are suitable I have an unusual project for you that will remind you constantly of you Uncle.

Regards,

Fries.

thepallasbull 27-07-2009 08:48 AM

Hey FRies with that, how are you . you must have been reading my mind as i was just aout to tell Pinkilly about you and your infamous projects and yes sure every morning she would look out the window it would remind her of him.
so without spoiling the suprise I will leave it to you David
Regards
Pat

pinklily 27-07-2009 09:03 AM

Hi guy's
Thanks for all of your suggestions,
butterflyj.... .......interesting!!!
Kate 44...............thats a lovely idea
Kilk.....................Man sitting would be lovely, not sure i'm that artistic lol..
Fries-with-that.....I'm tried to upload a photo but it says its too big, if you send me your e mail address i will send them to you, your idea sounds interesting can't wait to hear it
Thanks again everyone and please keep the suggestions coming in.

thepallasbull 27-07-2009 09:30 AM

pinkilly 1 question on daves behalf , do any of the bikes have a large hub on the front wheels called a dynamo
and has wires coming from it to a lamp

pinklily 27-07-2009 09:34 AM

No not that i can see, the older one of the two is called a New Hudson if thats any help to you

unapam 27-07-2009 11:27 AM

bike project

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, I see someone got there before me - I am planning to do this (see photo) with an old bike and plant flowers in the basket. I have seen it done many times in different colours and it looks great.
I'll be sure to do a before and after of it. Maybe you will too. You have two to work with so you may get two very different results (I'm intrigued by the figure idea!

pinklily 27-07-2009 02:17 PM

unapam
They look fabulous, really eye catching and pretty, thanks for your ideas

Poppy 27-07-2009 04:53 PM

Hiya, I was just about to suggest what unapam has before me. I have seen this done before, although I hadnt seen the bike painted all the same colour. They look great, I love the red one. They even look good with the old bike the way is is, not painted and a handlebar basket full of flowers.

bluecurlygirl 27-07-2009 10:16 PM

Pinklilly - admin will upload the photo for you if you're having difficulties with it.

brianamorgan 29-07-2009 08:50 AM

wow very nice! I love it! Thanks for the ideas...

Anzac_11 02-08-2009 11:45 AM

bike gates

1 Attachment(s)
Hallo Pinklily

I'm not sure if you know anyone that can weld. A friend of mine also had two bikes from her children who had flown the nest. She did not want to get rid of them herself and her friend welded them into the frame of her front gate. Both bikes face each other. When she described it to me I thought she'd lost her marbles (too late for that...lol) but it looks fantastic and a letter box is welded below one of the handlebars. Will try find a photo or ask her for one... oh, did I mention the bike bell that people ring when they come see her. :) Have fun and good luck.

Found a similar picture on google...but it's not the same. She painted it white and it's more inside the frame.