JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Treadmill Singer Sewing Machine (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=57490)

JmblTwnr 03-06-2009 11:04 PM

Treadmill Singer Sewing Machine

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All;

I finally finished this renovation project and would like to share with all of you this happy moment which comes after two and half months of daily part-time work on this project...

I got this sewing machine from a nice person on DublinWaste, and did my best to renovate it with as little cost as possible:

The wood is originally a computer disk from JumbleTown, most of tools and materials are either free or from nice persons who provided me with voutures from DIY shops which was a great help to buy missing/required material that no way to be secured from JumbleTown...

And regarding tools, I just used electric jegsaw and electric sanding machine... wood glue, nails and screws... so nothing complicated...

I do not want to make this a long reading, so thanks for all who participated and helped in making this project possible, and hope all JumbleTowners will be encouraged to renovate more and more things and share us the creative work...
Photos in this post = Before...
Photos in post below = After...

JmblTwnr 03-06-2009 11:13 PM

24 Attachment(s)
After Renovation:

JmblTwnr 03-06-2009 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last photo :)

sleepykitty 03-06-2009 11:18 PM

What a fantastic job you've done.

Bibi 03-06-2009 11:23 PM

Sewing Machine.

Only one word - AMAZING. Well done on this truly wonderful project.

Bibi.

Don 03-06-2009 11:24 PM

wow

unbelievable :)

cavangirl 03-06-2009 11:26 PM

Re-fab Job

Wow What A Brill Job You Done On Your Sewing Machine. Excellent Job Keep Up The Good Work.

jenniferalan 03-06-2009 11:27 PM

I have to say that I think this is the most amazing transformation I've seen on this website. Well done its fab, u must b so proud. Please give a step to step on how u did it :)

Chris P 03-06-2009 11:54 PM

from Admin

Incredible work, JmblTwnr. Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris p
Admin

snorry 04-06-2009 07:18 AM

wow its amazing well done

keno 04-06-2009 07:51 AM

wow thats fantastic

susie1 04-06-2009 07:59 AM

that is really great. what sort of paint did you use?
does it still sew by any chance?

Mickey 04-06-2009 08:32 AM

Absolutely STUNNING! That is truly a labour of love. Well done!

JmblTwnr 04-06-2009 09:05 AM

More info:

I needed to take all measurements from old wood, it took me so much time figuring out correct old measurements, I was amazed by how precise measurements you need to correctly design the wood work...

I can imagine the amount of engineering done by original Singer company when they first designed this sewing machine...

So wood work took the most of time, metal work was easy as just removing old paint and rust and then repainting it with: paint base + gold color + varnish

Wood work needed most of the time, I used polish bought from Lidl last year and used Ronseal clear gloss varnish to finish the job...

All wood skearting is from B&Q and does not cost a lot... maybe about 20 euros...

All parts move correctly in this sewing machine, i still did not try it, it might need some little calibration in worst case, but i do not have any doubt it will sew more and more now...

I will try it soon and update you JumbleTowners :)

Best Regards;

Keith

unapam 04-06-2009 03:15 PM

Treadle sewing machine

Just awsome! What a fabulous item. Well done!