JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   tiled column (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=131273)

shonastar 28-05-2012 10:10 AM

tiled column

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all, we put up a wooden fence to have some privacy (and stop our 2 yr old from falling into the neighbour's garden.....it was that low!) Only problem was, we had 3 columns sticking out from the fence, that were really ugly..................so I tiled them. Once upon a time my solution to everything was to paint it white, but lately it's tiles, tiles, tiles! I do think it looks better though. And as my boyfriend pointed out, there's absolutely nothing left in the garden to be tiled, so I'm done, lol!
I also included a photo of some outdoor art I made, piece of wood, shells and starfish, v.simple, thanks again for looking x

joanmul 28-05-2012 10:39 AM

That looks absolutely super and you have the weather now to enjoy!!

Gormal 28-05-2012 04:11 PM

Brilliant job looks absolutely stunning!! and we've finally got the weather now too.

shibo 28-05-2012 08:08 PM

Beautiful!

melissabell 28-05-2012 09:13 PM

That looks so much better, well done and I love the outdoor art might have a go myself ;)

TickTock 28-05-2012 09:16 PM

That's a brilliant job. Well done. I'd say your neighbours are getting nervous expecting you to tile them at any minute! :-)

Leyazile 29-05-2012 10:25 AM

Once again,beautiful work and great creativity! Your boyfriend is wrong,there's always flower/plant pots that could do with a nice mosaic tiled design-lol ;p

Rio1 01-06-2012 09:55 AM

It has turned out gorgeous, I love looking through your work, great inspiration! Where did you get the Coca Cola sign on the fence, looking for something for our garden like that!

shonastar 01-06-2012 12:10 PM

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments, it makes my day! Going to take a break from tiling and enjoy the fab weather while we have it.

TickTock lol!

Hi Rio1, as far as I can remember, the coca cola sign came from Aldi or Lidl a few years ago, it cost around 5 euro, but it has faded a good bit in the sun ( I was hoping it would rust/weather a bit as opposed to fading...as it still looks a bit too new for my tastes). If you're looking for something similar there are really cool signs on both ebay and amazon.

Thanks again! x

Jayne402010 08-06-2012 12:44 AM

Wow!

Oh Wow!
That's so creative, I love the wall art ( I go a bit mad decorating my garden walls too, but it's fantastic)! After all, a garden is just another room in your home, the only difference is it being outside! Did a bit of mosaicing myself (recycled garden thread)and after doing my table I had to do the wall feature and to be honest I would love to mosaic the lot! I love your signs, they are so retro too... Go on ... mosaic your plant pots, drive the bf bananas! (Bet he loves being out there tho)! Lidl and Aldi sure are great places to grab a bargain, I must look out for the return of those signs!!

irishrose 11-06-2012 09:38 AM

Fantastic job, Shonastar!