JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Treadmill Singer Sewing Machine (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=57490)

hackytza 04-06-2009 03:22 PM

A real work of art

This is unbelievable. Amazing work !!!

unapam 04-06-2009 06:42 PM

Quote....."All parts move correctly in this sewing machine, i still did not try it, it might need some little calibration in worst case, but i do not have any doubt it will sew more and more now..."

It will probably just need the tension adjusted and a good oiling. There is a shop in Talbot Street, Dublin that serviced mine. Again...amazing result!

MrX 04-06-2009 10:06 PM

Thank you unapam, i will check with that shop, if you remember shop name this would be great.
cheers

bluecurlygirl 05-06-2009 12:09 AM

Fabulous

That is fantastic. What a brilliant job. And what a stunning piece to have in your home. Well done. You must be very proud.

unapam 05-06-2009 08:02 AM

shop

I think it is just called The Sewing Machine Shop. It is directly opposite Guiney's in Talbot St. Good luck with it.

penelope 05-06-2009 09:23 AM

Did you need to replace the belt if so where did you get it. You have golden hands thats a work of art-well done.

JmblTwnr 05-06-2009 05:33 PM

Thank you all, actually i was very afraid the original belt will not fit as I replaced all the original wooden table with a new one and as expected, new table thickness and measures will have some effect on ability of belt to fit in... but thanks God thngs went fine and original belt got fitted perfectly...

But its still a good question: from where to get a new leather belt in case original one got worn and not useable any more?! if any one knows then please tell us...

I would like to add another things to this sewing machine, i am thinking of a metal chair with antique design, I can imagine it in golden color to match sewing table frame and maybe some golden coutions... any ideas are welcomed :)

Cheers...

Sissi 05-06-2009 08:18 PM

Wow, Keith! Wondeful! I do some sewing myself. This machine is a dream!!

Bubbles2 05-06-2009 08:43 PM

What a lovely piece of work - well done take a bow!!!
B2

lira 08-06-2009 11:46 AM

Well done! What a great achievement!

unapam 08-06-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JmblTwnr
Thank you all, actually i was very afraid the original belt will not fit as I replaced all the original wooden table with a new one and as expected, new table thickness and measures will have some effect on ability of belt to fit in... but thanks God thngs went fine and original belt got fitted perfectly...

But its still a good question: from where to get a new leather belt in case original one got worn and not useable any more?! if any one knows then please tell us...

I would like to add another things to this sewing machine, i am thinking of a metal chair with antique design, I can imagine it in golden color to match sewing table frame and maybe some golden coutions... any ideas are welcomed :)

Cheers...

You should be able to get a replacement belt on Ebay. Good luck.

Karolankan 30-06-2009 10:09 PM

Well done. Granny Russell would be so proud of you!! I spent hours as a very small child watching Granny making "cushions for the Missions". She was always happiest when she was working with her singer sewing machine. :-))

AKO5 30-06-2009 10:18 PM

restoration

Wow - Is All I Can Say- Well Done

elbo 08-07-2009 08:06 AM

In one word "WOW".
Absolutely fantastic job.
Beautiful piece.
Well done.

melissabell 08-07-2009 07:50 PM

I can't believe what you've done with it!!! I got a Singer machine from a fellow jumbletowner in Ennis that i wanted as a hall table. the metal is very plain i love how ornate yours is!. I just sanded it down varnished and gave the metal a lick of black paint and some wood glue. I was so chuffed i was going to put it up here. Soooo glad i didn't now! u've put me to shame this is really amazing.

The colouring works so well. I got my machine up and running again about 2 bottles of wd40 later lol!!!

Really well done it's really amazing! Put it in full view!!!!