JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   revamped chaise longue (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=107424)

blue eyes 22-01-2011 10:23 PM

revamped chaise longue

8 Attachment(s)
This is a lovely piece i got from a very kind jumble towner a few months ago for my sister who always wanted one. The lady who gave it to me had stripped it down with the intention of doing it up herself but then didnt have the time. She gave me a bag with the buttons loads of rope edging and loads of little tacks or nails that she had taken out of it when she stripped the old material off. Iv never done anything like this before but like painting and have made cushion covers and pillow cases so i said id give it a go.
First i sanded it as best i could. Then painted it with magnolia paint i had left over from painting the house. It took 4 coats of paint to get it looking right.It was originally dark brown. Then i tried to put all the pieces of foam back where i thought they shud go.It was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle. Then i cut out some material and thought i could staple it to the wood but the wood was too hard and staples wouldnt go in so i had to use loads of the little tacks.
Next i covered the buttons.This was a tricky little job but got there in the end. Then after attaching the buttons i covered round the back of chaise longue. I still have to try cover the rope edging and put it on but havnt the time at the moment but will get there. My sister was thrilled with the end result just in time for christmas.Have to say im proud of myself its not perfect but not bad for first go at sumthing like this. Hope ye like it.

irishrose 23-01-2011 03:09 PM

That's wonderful, blue eyes! Your sister should be enormously grateful to you! Be sure to put up a pic when you get the rope trim on.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 23-01-2011 04:22 PM

chaise

Hi Blue eyes, what a wonderful job you've done. This is really good for a first attempt. I remember seeing this offered on JTown and thought it would be a very difficult job, but you have made it seem so easy. The magnolia colour is really lovely and you can see the decorative carving more clearly. Well done--can't wait to see your next project. Eibhlin.

Chris P 23-01-2011 04:50 PM

from Admin

Fantastic work, blue eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

blue eyes 23-01-2011 07:59 PM

chaise longue

Thanks all for lovely comments.yeah i think it turned out pretty good.the magnolia does show up the lovely detail on the wood.It was well worth the effort in the end. Blue eyes.

ladydriver 24-01-2011 06:23 AM

Thats a fantastic job you did it looks wonderful. Well done!

Merienne 24-01-2011 10:34 AM

Well done indeed!
And definitely an inspiration, you do make it sound doable even for a novice!

madfrozen 04-06-2011 03:47 PM

Fair play

Just spotted this! fair play - looks great - better than I could have done! :-)

Khublei 07-06-2011 03:37 PM

Wow!! That looks absolutely incredible! Well done.

lapdog 14-06-2011 03:25 PM

Simple and effective!

Great Job!!!

melissabell 14-06-2011 08:21 PM

That is beautiful!!! and the fabric you chose suits it perfectly!!! well done :)

Joebreaker 21-06-2011 10:19 PM

That's tops.

Laineym 25-07-2011 04:35 PM

Praise for the chaise

Well done it looks great - I don't think I'd be brave enough to take something like this on... Well done you !!!