JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbished Pine Dresser (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=112128)

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 07:35 PM

Refurbished Pine Dresser

1 Attachment(s)
Hello JTers, I was very very lucky to get this off a kind lady from Courtown as I put an ad in the wanted section for a Pine Dresser. I couldnt believe my luck when I was contacted by the lady offering it too me.
When my husband saw it his first thoughts were "Make good fire wood"!!!!
Shock, Horror, I told him to try and see past the state it was in, and what a beautiful piece it could be... he still wouldnt accept that!! but he is a man.
So, to work I went stripping, stripping, and more stripping! no I mean the dresser. This had been hand made and quite a good job was done on it too. Who ever made it, well done.

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 07:39 PM

dresser

Blimey, took ages to sort that picture out!! anyhow, as you can see this is the base part, I had to strip off all the emulsion paint that was put on it, which was a job! but patience what was needed..

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 07:47 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
This is top part, more stripping needed... all great fun though. We took the fret part off as part in the middle was broken. Good job I have a big kitchen in the cottage!

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:02 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
Next stage!!! Undercoated, then 3-4 tops coats of top coat in matt finish... some done with small roller and a brush, all holes filled in. and black metal handles put on.

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:08 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
Hubby got involved here, put new piece along top, and cut out a new fret for it.
Stuck with wood glue, not a good picture sorry, Look at the bloody state of my kitchen floor!! :)

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:14 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
coming on nicely, all painted and new back on it, and put together.. Oh, and put my first ornament on it, it is a metal duck!! got it at the market last week for €2 I thought it was unusual.
I think the new fret looks nice not bad for the old man!! what do you think?

Chris P 07-04-2011 08:21 PM

from Admin

Well done, guys! Really impressive work. Great thread too!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:22 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
a few more ornaments added.

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:24 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the handles,,, no matter how we tried they didnt look straight!! and still don't, we gave up in the end.

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:26 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
More of my second-hand ornaments all from the market!! I love markets and second-hand shops can pick up amazing bargains.

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:29 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
Some more of my market bargains!!! hope you enjoying this.

Clubby 07-04-2011 08:33 PM

dresser

A lovely job done , id love a dresser but the kitchen in my cottage is way to small for one , you were very lucky to get that .

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:34 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
Near the end now,,
The 2 ducks at the top secondhand shop €5
The sunflower teapot €4 at the market.
The witch,, cant remember had it for years!!
The teapot candle burner €2-3 at the market.
The four ducks 50cent at the market.
The thatch cottage a priceless gift from my late father. xx
The cow letter rack cant remember!
The brush thing came from abroad, trying to remember where from ! supposed to keep evil spirits away!! will come back to you.
Oh, the white clock in other picture came from the market too.. cost me a bomb!! €1 in the box!!

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:41 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
candle burner..

Angelsfishingrod 07-04-2011 08:45 PM

dresser

1 Attachment(s)
My special old witch.. which laughs and has flashing red eyes! when you press the button!! my grandaughter was scared stiff of it when she was younger.. god love her. awful Nanna!!