JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The Barter system (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=116744)

Vagabond 21-06-2011 08:31 AM

The Barter system

What ever happened to good old fashioned Ireland where the Barter system existed... As an Electrician and handy man / jack of all trades lol...

i would be more than happy to give my services to help someone out in return for help i may need..

And im sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who would do the same...

mmmm can see a possible new forum being added here lol sorry admin ooops hope this not breaking any rules....
also think a swap shop would be a good forum too lol...but i reckon that is breaking the rules just a tad

lets see who agrees with me????

Cheers all

Vagabond

Mickey 21-06-2011 01:51 PM

While a swap shop is def out of the JT question I would LOVE to see another site (Like JT) with barter offers....

Chris P 21-06-2011 03:03 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagabond
What ever happened to good old fashioned Ireland where the Barter system existed... As an Electrician and handy man / jack of all trades lol...

i would be more than happy to give my services to help someone out in return for help i may need..

And im sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who would do the same...

mmmm can see a possible new forum being added here lol sorry admin ooops hope this not breaking any rules....
also think a swap shop would be a good forum too lol...but i reckon that is breaking the rules just a tad

lets see who agrees with me????

Cheers all

Vagabond

Hi Vagabond,

A dedicated forum for trades and services has been suggested before but right from the very start the developers and managers of JumbleTown decided that the site would be solely for the Giving and Taking of free items, and that transactions such as swapping/bartering, selling, buying, auctioning, borrowing and lending would be prohibited.

Facilitating one type of transaction is enough work for us :)

There are, however, a number of sites that facilitate the swapping of items and skills/trades/services. Put in a google search for "skill swap" and "barter."

For example:

http://www.u-exchange.com/membersearch

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Vagabond 21-06-2011 03:08 PM

barter system

hi chris,

thanks for the reply and links i will check them out....

hope i didnt cause any offence as was just a suggestion and a topic for conversation...

cheers

vagabond

Chris P 21-06-2011 03:16 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagabond
hope i didnt cause any offence as was just a suggestion and a topic for conversation.

No problem, Vagabond.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

teena 11-09-2011 12:47 AM

Bartering

Ive just signed up on a bartering site called neighbourgoods.net.
Theres an Irish section and its only getting started but looks good to me if enough people join. You put up goods you are willing to loan out and other people do too and if you need say a ladder, you borrow it and if someone needs something you have you loan it. I think its a great idea.

miss lilac 30-09-2011 03:24 PM

barter system

I think the idea of bartering is terrific and have always had that opinion. I often do some typing say for a girl and in return she will give me nice free range eggs. Also you could do some painting for someone and in return they may do you a favour....its the only way around this recession and you know what? I think the bartering will catch on and also I think people in these times need to keep busy and keep in touch with other people. That way there will be less depressed people out there and we will all help each other....great idea...

madfrozen 23-10-2012 01:30 PM

resurrecting old thread

I know this is ancient thread, but just saw it. I think this would be a great idea for a website. I have a surplus of eggs all the time and would love to barter them in exchange for someone elses glut or suplus of something!