JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   telephone table to play kitchen (now with extra storage) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=130809)

shonastar 13-05-2012 05:39 PM

telephone table to play kitchen (now with extra storage)

5 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I had been looking for a little cupboard to make a play kitchen for ages, but I couldn't find one small enough to be able to keep it in our kitchen at home. I struck gold the other day when I came across this telephone table. My next door neighbour gave me the tap, metal rings for the cooker, and a 30 yr old toy blender/mixer (which still works perfectly!) I already had the mosaic tiles, little display cabinet and the metal rail. So the only things bought were the metal bowl for the sink and the little timer. Spent a grand total of 3 euro.
I still need to give it a coat of paint and add knobs for the stove, but little miss bossy pants couldn't wait to start playing with it once she saw it coming together. I take full responsability for Masterchef Champion 2030 lol!!

Best regards,
Shonastar

Update..... I uploaded new photos, it's been painted, and storage, shelves and cooker knobs added.
I officially declare this project finished lol! A big, big thank you for the suggestions on how to make it better x

mollie bain 13-05-2012 05:52 PM

great job

melissabell 13-05-2012 09:17 PM

Wow, that's fantastic!!! You're so creative!!! much better and more sturdy than the bought ones ;)

daz38 14-05-2012 08:31 AM

room for an oven n fridge?

LOL, fantastic work, really cute n special, but every "little woman" needs an oven n a fridge, looks like theres loads of room underneath for these,"possible future extension work" u know kids, welll done, margaret x

shonastar 14-05-2012 09:09 AM

Thanks Mollie and Melissa! I could never have justified spending 60+ euro on a plastic kitchen, and although it took ages to find a small enough table to make it work, it was worth the wait when we saw how happy it made our little girl!
Hi Margaret, I love the idea of adding an oven and fridge! I had planned to put shelves underneath for storage but your idea is much better. I managed to give it a coat of paint last night when she was asleep, so it's already looking fresher. Watch this space lol!! x

madfrozen 14-05-2012 09:32 AM

Brilliant!

I love it! Its brilliant! I want one! :-)

I'm sure it will be treasured for many years - and maybe even passed on down the generations! :-)

kljm 14-05-2012 12:58 PM

That is amazing. Well done, treasure your talent.

rubyruby 14-05-2012 03:13 PM

job

What a fantastic job well done you, I love to see things being used for something completely different, and this sure is, great job.....

Jayne402010 14-05-2012 05:38 PM

Wow!!!

Oh Wow!!!
This is so gorgeous and retro and so cool! Love it!! I admire anyone who is into crafting (like myself), it's such a fantastic feeling knowing you have made something that is totally individual!
I bet all her friends will want one just like it!!!
100% better than a plastic one and made with love too. How could you get any better!! You couldn't!
Will keep this idea for when I am blessed with Grandchildren!!!
Thanks for showing it!

shonastar 14-05-2012 05:56 PM

Thank you all so much! Really chuffed with all your kind comments, :-)

TickTock 14-05-2012 11:47 PM

Aww! How cute is that! Well done. Many a little girl/boy would love to play with that.

shonastar 16-05-2012 08:07 AM

I added new photos, this project is officially finished! Not only did my next door neighbour give me the tap, mixer/blender and rings for the stove, she also rooted out the little cupboard for underneath! Eileen, you're a star x

kitty 16-05-2012 09:23 AM

Well done

OMG you have done a wonderful job, well done.

joanmul 16-05-2012 09:57 AM

I think you should declare this a family heirloom for passing on to the next generation!

madfrozen 16-05-2012 12:58 PM

Ps

The "hotplates" look really real! What did you use to make them? It looks even better - if that is possible - with its little additions underneath etc...