JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bird Bath (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=57019)

Bubbles2 28-05-2009 07:59 PM

Bird Bath

4 Attachment(s)
I was lucky enough to get this lovely bird bath from upthedubs (thank you A) and unapam encouraged me!! to do a before and after so here goes!!

Isabeau 28-05-2009 08:24 PM

Well Done B2. it looks fabulous :)

The Mammy 28-05-2009 08:46 PM

Wow, what a difference, that's excellent. : )

Eily 28-05-2009 09:10 PM

That's really lovely and you'll have the added enjoyment of watching the birds feed!
Good job. Congrats. Enjoy.
Eily

taraoreilly 28-05-2009 09:20 PM

that is brill well done tara

smokeyeyes 28-05-2009 09:36 PM

Well done Bubbles, it looks great. I've been longing for a bird bath feeder for ages now. Have a few bird feeders around my back garden and get lots of them at mealtimes every day. Is that bread scraps in the net? If it is great idea, I usually grind them up and sprinkle round the garden, unfortunately had to stop as it was encouraging unwanted little visitors ! Have to rob your idea :)

Bubbles2 28-05-2009 09:54 PM

thank you for all your lovely comments, smokeyeyes I had the same problem with the vermin and the crows (I know they are still god's creatures) but I love watching the beautiful small birds in the garden

minnie pal 28-05-2009 09:59 PM

bird bath

fantastic, when (?) I get my patch the bird bath is a MUSt. This is a fabulous one, so unusual.
Just check with BirdWatch Ireland about bread at this time of year when the birds have young cos it can swell or get caught in the gullet, I think I remember them saying that when I was a member years ago (in a past life)
minniepal

Bubbles2 28-05-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie pal
fantastic, when (?) I get my patch the bird bath is a MUSt. This is a fabulous one, so unusual.
Just check with BirdWatch Ireland about bread at this time of year when the birds have young cos it can swell or get caught in the gullet, I think I remember them saying that when I was a member years ago (in a past life)
minniepal

I never thought of that - I must check it out thanks minnie pal, I had those one's made with fat and the crows ate them all - they were gone in a matter of minutes!!

smokeyeyes 28-05-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles2
thank you for all your lovely comments, smokeyeyes I had the same problem with the vermin and the crows (I know they are still god's creatures) but I love watching the beautiful small birds in the garden

LOL might be all God's creatures Bubbles, but I wish they'd stick to their own patch. Yeah me too, love sitting having my breakfast and watching the feeders full of different varieties of birds. Have a little robin family that's been coming back to my garden for years now and blue tits. Hate the crows ( and I live at the back of a Rookery full of them !! ) BUT they didn't touch my fat balls (must have been wrong flavour for them haha! )

Bubbles2 29-05-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeyeyes
LOL might be all God's creatures Bubbles, but I wish they'd stick to their own patch. Yeah me too, love sitting having my breakfast and watching the feeders full of different varieties of birds. Have a little robin family that's been coming back to my garden for years now and blue tits. Hate the crows ( and I live at the back of a Rookery full of them !! ) BUT they didn't touch my fat balls (must have been wrong flavour for them haha! )

My mother-in-law RIP use to have a little robin that came into her kitchen for scraps! Wish I had your 'wrong flavour' of fat balls for my garden smokeyeyes!! ;p

unapam 29-05-2009 02:38 PM

WoW!

I knew it would turn out well. Fab job!

Bunty 29-05-2009 03:48 PM

Inspiring, well done. B.

Linn 29-05-2009 06:15 PM

great job, well done.
Regards Linn

upthedubs 29-05-2009 06:40 PM

Wow it looks brillant CAN I HAVE IT BACK NOW LOL