JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Home Improvements (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   ***what you think-colour bungalow-pics***** (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=59334)

Mickey 22-07-2009 02:04 PM

My vote is for sage - it'll stand out against the two houses either side but it will also work together in quite a complimentary fashion, with a nice bright white for all your trimmings and flower boxes with splashes of colour throughout the seasons....

Rebelliz 22-07-2009 08:15 PM

Hi Minnie,

I painted our house (the walls are dashed) white and all the trim red (as I call it 'Cork' red). Even my husband, who is a die-hard Tipperary supporter likes it!

However, I don't think that colour scheme would work in this situation.

I have to agree with Mickey. A sage green for the walls with bright white trim on the window ledges and door would be lovely. It would bridge the gap between your neighbours' house colours, too.

Good luck & happy painting!

Rebelliz

minnie pal 22-07-2009 08:25 PM

just to be clear....

most of the 'votes' are for sage, do you mean the second pic. I still havent asked my friend the pantone number but it looks very very like we are nearing a decision time!!!!
sage is a furlong ahead...!
minnie pal

Bunty 22-07-2009 08:34 PM

Yes Yes, Minnie pal, The Green is GOOD; Start Painting. Please share the finished job with us. Regards, B.

summersun 22-07-2009 09:08 PM

NO Minnie..... Sage is not the 2nd green in your pics but the green in the picture of the houses that colmsmum put up for you...

Crown do a lovely sage green ,

Summersun

bluecurlygirl 22-07-2009 09:11 PM

Oh yeah, sage definitely. It'd look so gorgeous on your house honey.

thedog 22-07-2009 09:25 PM

colour bungalow

hi there, seen your colours, why dont you try a baby pink? or i painted my house a coral ivy (cream tint of orange) and a warm amber (orange). its lovely. stands out the best!! im so proud of it!! bright and jeerful.

minnie pal 22-07-2009 09:32 PM

Oh I SEE!!!!

Yes, I agree that the houses summersun sent with the sage on the far right house was an amazing colour, and i honed in on it straight away.
MYDOG, the house beside is VERY terracotta, so i think your suggestion is out, though it does sound nice. thanks to both, i am clearer now what you are all suggesting, silly ME!!
minnie pal.

colmsmum 22-07-2009 11:01 PM

Minnepal it was actually me who posted the pic of the 3 houses, one being the sage green. Pm me if you want the link to look at the others on the website, they are fab and might give you other ideas, that pic was just closest to the colour of your neighbours houses you described.

buzzbee 26-07-2009 02:00 PM

house diy

i think if you dont mind me saying so is without making all three clashing, how about you make your walls neutrel color like white and emphaising a different color gloss paint for your porch wood and windows and doors which would with acessories for your plants to hang them around the house wall letting the plant surprise you of their flower color my neighbour show me this idea when she painted her wall white and planted a lavendar plant which made a big difference the viberant lavendar blooms made a picture site,you seem to have quite a collection which could be made use of to brighten up and bring notice to your home without a costly bill

minnie pal 26-07-2009 02:12 PM

buzzbee

I like your idea very much, but wonderin...this is social housing, that is it belongs to the council. I cannot do too drastic a change, i cannot make it too sticky out or the neighbours might get a shock!
agreed....alot of my planting now will have to be very low maintenance. I would like climbers around the house rather than baskets on those two pillars, which are actually metal!
I love the idea of climbers, say wisteria, clematis, geraniums etc.
I love delicate scents and colour as you enter your home.
Very difficult to decide, for this is the first time ever i have complete choice to a large extent.
so much has to be considered.
any climbers i have HAVE to be good in winter too, that is a draw back, and also it does not get a great deal of sun there either.
xxand thanks
minnie pal

minnie pal 07-08-2009 08:45 PM

guess which wins!

Hi everyone, the paint is b ought!!!!

Its sage, I could not find an already mixed sage so had it made up in a reputable shop. It looks kinda pale, but the guy told me how to paint it, very thin layers and building up.

I went to wash the white porch but nope, I tell you the spirit is willing but not da body.

Now i have to sort who will do the B...painting!
It was a great idea to ask ye all, I am pleased with the colour i chose, just hope it wont be TOO pale.
xminnie pal.

bluecurlygirl 08-08-2009 12:35 AM

Have a painting party of sorts - provide the tea and biccies. Anyone willing to attend? I'd love to head down and give you a hand but no possible at the mo sorry.

Thinking of ya. Mind yourself.

xx

minnie pal 27-08-2009 06:35 PM

Tis painted!!!!

my hoose is painted 'nearly sage' it looked darker on the swatch. I am a bit disappointed, as it just has a 'blush' of sage, tis very pale.
would a second coat make a difference do you thinK?
it is nice but as the undercoat colour already on the wall was a 'gone off white' it might have influenced the final colour, the sage and he put on one layer.
any ideas.
the door is going to be pale too i think, no point really putting a shocking contrast and thought of pale lilac.
it will give a cottagey feel i think.
all opinions welcome and i hope to post an image shortly.
watch this space....
xminnie pal

UPDATE - 30/8/09: Photos uploaded

summersun 27-08-2009 09:35 PM

Hi MinnieP,

Please upload a new picture of the house... cant wait to see what it looks like...

summersun