JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Girl & Boy Bedrooms (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=59982)

hackytza 27-06-2009 05:45 PM

Girl & Boy Bedrooms

8 Attachment(s)
I don't have too many pics of "before".We have finished building our house and all furniture from children's bedrooms was got from jumbletown/dublinwaste -all free. And here are the results. Some friends of ours asked us if we had to pay big money to order special furniture to suit the colors of the rooms :-)
A big THANK YOU to YOU all!

Bubbles2 27-06-2009 05:56 PM

Very impressive - well done, give yourself a clap on the back!!!
B2

bluecurlygirl 27-06-2009 06:23 PM

That is fabulous. Well done. I'm sure there'll be some of us borrowing the idea from you. Congratulations again.

keno 27-06-2009 06:31 PM

well done, its amazing what we can do a budget.Beautiful rooms.

unapam 27-06-2009 08:58 PM

furniture

Fabulous job! The pieces look wonderful. Well done.

Mickey 28-06-2009 09:23 AM

SOOOOO cute! Just amazing what a bit of elbow grease and imaginations can accomplish - Well done! :o)

snorry 29-06-2009 02:25 PM

well done there lovely really impressive

kiwicooke 29-06-2009 09:47 PM

Would you like to come and give my house an extreme make over?? lol

pinkieschick 29-06-2009 10:16 PM

well done, both rooms are very impressive

Bunty 29-06-2009 10:18 PM

This is real good. An interior designer lost!! It does show what a bit of imagination and hard work can do. Hope they appreciate Mum's work!!

hackytza 30-06-2009 10:26 AM

Well Kiwicooke, I would love to give your house or anyone's a make-over. Actually I realised how much I love restoring stuff. But time is really a problem - my little girl is nearly 4 and my little boy is 2 and a half and I can only do things when they are asleep. Sanding machine is not really something to use around children. :-)

Thanks everybody for all the good words. All inspiration came from this forum and it was all like a challenge. My new project is: making a marble effect paint on a fire surround. I also have a fire insert that came from the dump full of rust and I am sanding it down. Can't wait to finish it!

sparkwell 09-07-2009 01:31 PM

Children's Rooms

Hi Hackytza

Beautiful jobs done on the children's rooms, they must be delighted with them. Can I ask did you use the same paint on the walls as on the furniture ie was it emulsion and if so did you put a finish coat over it?

Thanks for your help you might have inspired me?!!

misetusa 09-07-2009 05:48 PM

The Wardrobe

I'm very impressed with the wardrobe! But its all lovely! Well done. Darina

hackytza 10-07-2009 11:21 AM

Hi sparkwell,

I have used proper furniture paint (timber/metal paint) and have used emulsion on the walls. I was lucky enough to get the same colour (lilac bloom). I have bought a big can of white and used it as undercoat on everything and also used the white to create different shades from the same colour and I have used acrylic paints for the wall stencils. Hope this helps.

sparkwell 10-07-2009 01:16 PM

Children's Rooms

Hi Hackytza

I thought as much because the finish looks so good. It all matches in so well cos you used the same colour. Thanks for that info and well done on a lovely job again!

Sparkwell