JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   bogus posters (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=38940)

sive 28-11-2008 09:29 PM

bogus posters

Watch out for bogus posters.I have been caught out a few times.

Bubbles2 28-11-2008 09:33 PM

Bogus Posters

Hi Sive

Forgive my ignorance - what is a bogus poster and how do you spot them?

Bubbles2

elbo 28-11-2008 09:35 PM

bogus posters

I don't understand either..... what are bogus posters.
I have encountered takers who don't phone or turn up, but not quite sure either about posters.

misstake 28-11-2008 09:36 PM

bogus

Got to admit not many on here our admin to quick for them like earlier the guy from limerick he was selling and that is bogus as he never said

betsy10112000 28-11-2008 09:37 PM

what is the point in bogus posting!! really frustrating for every genuine JTer here.why do these silly people(to put it nicely) spend their time doing this.im sure i would perfer to spend it doing something else

Chris P 28-11-2008 09:39 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by sive
Watch out for bogus posters.I have been caught out a few times.

Hi sive,

Out of the 30,000 or so ads that have been posted on JumbleTown in the past two years (and I've monitored most of them), I think we've had less than a dozen bogus or hoax ads. If you have any specific knowledge of a hoax post, please let me know about it by PM -- don't post details on this or any other thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Isabeau 28-11-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betsy10112000
what is the point in bogus posting!! really frustrating for every genuine JTer here.why do these silly people(to put it nicely) spend their time doing this.im sure i would perfer to spend it doing something else

They have such sad lonely lives that they have nothing better to do

misstake 28-11-2008 09:42 PM

bogus

there are people who pretend they are giving stuff but really are selling not long ago a guy was giving a car but said it was free then he sold it Now thats fine good luck to him but why let people wait for the car then sell it Ok i bet someone trying to jump the que offered money and yer man took it It does happen

Chris P 28-11-2008 09:45 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by misstake
there are people who pretend they are giving stuff but really are selling not long ago a guy was giving a car but said it was free then he sold it Now thats fine good luck to him but why let people wait for the car then sell it Ok i bet someone trying to jump the que offered money and yer man took it It does happen

Hi misstake,

Of course it happens -- JumbleTowners are only human after all! Some are easily tempted but the vast majority know the rules and stick to them. Selling on JumbleTown is a very, very rare occurrence.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

misstake 28-11-2008 09:49 PM

bogus

Iknow you lads are out there watching and very few escape your attention Yes i have been on sites where i seen a rolls royce was offered for free lol but nobady bothered to remove it So thank you for keeping this site virtually free from bogus people And sorry ya dident get your award ok but to us your both the best

kilk 28-11-2008 11:48 PM

a recent bogus one may have been the two berth caravan, the giver said it was taken by a fairly well known jtr. i happened to pm the alleged taker enquiring as to what it was like. the taker told me they were not contacted at all about it and presumed somebody else had taken it.

Chris P 29-11-2008 12:11 AM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilk
a recent bogus one may have been the two berth caravan, the giver said it was taken by a fairly well known jtr. i happened to pm the alleged taker enquiring as to what it was like. the taker told me they were not contacted at all about it and presumed somebody else had taken it.

Hi kilk,

I'm aware of this post. When all is said and done, there is nothing we can do about these apart from forget about them and move on. What's the point in even discussing a hoaxer. In fact, threads such as this are merely grist to the mill.

If any Member wishes to report a post/thread, they should contact Admin by PM or simply click on the "Report this Post" red and white triangle beneath the posters User Name. Admin will take it from there.

Well done JumbleTowners for being so vigilant!

Thread closed!

Regards
Chris P
Admin