JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbishing an Old Cottage - last update Dec 2012 (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=78228)

Leahsmam 07-11-2012 07:58 PM

your house is lovely, love the gate and the stained glass

tudlytops 07-11-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leahsmam
your house is lovely, love the gate and the stained glass

Thank you, will be doing the rest of the stain glass this winter and the gate was an old gate and we just wanted to turn it into a gate again...:)

glic83 23-11-2012 12:19 PM

Have to say well done to ye both, some great work there and im sure there is huge self satisfaction in what ye have done with the Cottage.

tudlytops 23-11-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glic83
Have to say well done to ye both, some great work there and im sure there is huge self satisfaction in what ye have done with the Cottage.

Thank you

Oh yes its amazing to look around, from a place with no water, no electric, holes in the roof, etc, to what it is now and we've done it all...

Still loads to do, this year was very much wasted because of the bad weather, so here's hoping for a better one next year :)

HappyHunter 24-11-2012 06:27 PM

Great work tudlytops. I refurbished a cottage in North Kilkenny, which entailed making it more comfortable for my mobility needs so I can be independent around my home. I love what you have done with the doors, the small fireplace and the one for the stove.

Thanks to so many givers here on JT, what had seemed like a very expensive endeavour, which would take me a long time to complete because of my lack of finances, my little cottage is a piece of heaven now.

I found myself on a quest, to refurbish this little house with pre-loved materials, furniture and garden items. I received windows, floor tiles, garden slabs, from givers here on JT. Today I look at all the items, even the garden gnome, whom I christened Gnome Chomsky (grin) and I remember where they came from.

Looking forward to continuing following your progress.

bluecurlygirl 26-11-2012 12:25 AM

Great work Tudlytops. I've loved checking in on your project. I think it's absolutely amazing what you guys have managed to do. Amazing. Well said Happyhunter - amazing givers on here who have travelled the length and breadth of the country to pass on items. Lovely to have that much positivity around ya. Amazing community.

tudlytops 26-11-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Great work Tudlytops. I've loved checking in on your project. I think it's absolutely amazing what you guys have managed to do. Amazing. Well said Happyhunter - amazing givers on here who have travelled the length and breadth of the country to pass on items. Lovely to have that much positivity around ya. Amazing community.

Thank you :)

We doing the heating now, couldn't get a plumber at all, i think because we have all the materials needed for the job, so not much profit there, and we can't afford to have one do the whole thing from scratch, so we doing it yourselves to..:)

So its all research research research at the moment :)

tudlytops 08-12-2012 06:46 PM

@HappyHunter, sorry i hadn't seen your comment there...

We couldn't have come this far hadn't been for all the materials, furniture, even great advice we have gotten from so many people.

We keeping a diary and hope to make a blog and we will name everyone that helped us along the way...

There is so much that is not material for a before and after picture, but that it is just as important...

People have indeed been amazing :)

tudlytops 16-12-2012 10:39 PM

various bits

3 Attachment(s)
We got some free paneling from a neighbor :)

And we had to build a railing for when my back is bad, so we built a little gate two, keep the dogs from scratching the front door..

tudlytops 16-12-2012 10:51 PM

Installing the heating

8 Attachment(s)
Wish we could have done it before moving in...

It's taken a lot of work and research and we only half way there...

tudlytops 16-12-2012 10:56 PM

Saving an old stove

4 Attachment(s)
ll it needs now is to be painted

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 17-12-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tudlytops
ll it needs now is to be painted

Christina, you never cease to amaze me. The Work you are doing is phemomenal. Wishing you both a happy and warm Christmas and Happy D.I.Y. ing in the New Year. Eibhlin

tudlytops 08-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Christina, you never cease to amaze me. The Work you are doing is phemomenal. Wishing you both a happy and warm Christmas and Happy D.I.Y. ing in the New Year. Eibhlin

Thank you, its been reuse at it best :)

Christmas and Happy New Year you to :)

tudlytops 15-05-2013 09:24 PM

Thank you dminihane1 for the sofas

tudlytops 11-06-2013 06:47 PM

Thanks to kt72 for all the stuff, appreciated :)

sign 06-12-2015 12:28 AM

how is the house now ? :) How did you get on ?

4eyes 19-07-2016 10:42 PM

how all now

joanmul 16-11-2016 07:00 PM

Cottage refurb

Would love to see more of this.