JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbishing an Old Cottage - last update Dec 2012 (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=78228)

tudlytops 20-11-2010 12:25 AM

Glass for the Bathroom door

3 Attachment(s)
Like i said each door will have something different, and each design has some meaning to us.

Justyina 20-11-2010 01:14 AM

This is beautiful :)

tudlytops 20-11-2010 01:15 AM

Thank you, this was our 1st one :)

MuddyWitch 21-11-2010 04:13 PM

Stunning!!!

I'll definatly be in touch once we finally make it over the Irish Sea!

MW

tudlytops 21-11-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuddyWitch
Stunning!!!

I'll definatly be in touch once we finally make it over the Irish Sea!

MW

Do, you more then welcome to come over for a cuppa :P

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai 22-11-2010 08:19 PM

stained glass

Hi Tuddlytops, these glass panels are truly stunning. I love how you have used celtic designs but made them your own with the dolphins and sea-horses. There is definitely a future career here!! Well done, Eibhlin.

tudlytops 22-11-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Hi Tuddlytops, these glass panels are truly stunning. I love how you have used celtic designs but made them your own with the dolphins and sea-horses. There is definitely a future career here!! Well done, Eibhlin.

LOL, we love celtic designs, but we wanted to add something that had meaning to us, can be something from our childhood, or to remind us of someone, it doesn't matter.

For instances the one we doing for the living room, has a drawing i used to draw all the time, of a little cottage, done that for years, it was my dream, so we are adding that drawing to the glass, as my dream come true. :P

junkista 23-11-2010 12:01 AM

amazing work!! you are both working so hard...
well done

tudlytops 23-11-2010 01:21 AM

Thank you :P, not bad for first attempt.

SLCB 30-11-2010 08:58 PM

Cottage

Well done on all the work you have carried out so far, it looks great and it must be lovely to stamp your own print on the house. I don't know if this offer will be of any use to you but I travel between Limerick and Kildare on a regular basis and if there is anything you need collected in that area let me know, I'm not too far from you (you met my husband while collecting tiles) so just give me a shout if I can be any help.

tudlytops 30-11-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLCB
Well done on all the work you have carried out so far, it looks great and it must be lovely to stamp your own print on the house. I don't know if this offer will be of any use to you but I travel between Limerick and Kildare on a regular basis and if there is anything you need collected in that area let me know, I'm not too far from you (you met my husband while collecting tiles) so just give me a shout if I can be any help.

How are you keeping?

Its been hard work and for the last 3 days we've been trying to make up insulation for the pipes as it is really cold up here.

Thank you so much for the offer, will keep it in mind :P

Gormal 02-12-2010 01:47 PM

They are just devine.

cloughcorr 02-12-2010 02:28 PM

stainglass

What brilliant work!! Where did you get your lead/paint liner to do the out line of your designs? I have been looking everywhere for it....keep up the great work and posting the updated pics!

tudlytops 03-12-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloughcorr
What brilliant work!! Where did you get your lead/paint liner to do the out line of your designs? I have been looking everywhere for it....keep up the great work and posting the updated pics!

In limerick,in a arts and crafts shops, don't know the name, its a big corner shop, with a huge ruler on the outside wall, near an hotel i think.

We got 2 small tubes of it, they last forever, so far used about half of one.

Can remember how much it was, but it wasn't that expensive, if you want can check the price and post you one.

cloughcorr 07-12-2010 01:18 PM

Thanks Tudlytops what is the name of it and I will ask the art and hobby shop in greystones if they can order it for me or know of where I can get it in Co Wicklow....failing that I will come back to you if no joy.