JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Sideboard (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=25509)

Coutainville 09-06-2008 07:54 PM

Sideboard

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all, especially to Beckie who gave us this fab sideboard which now graces our play room and holds lots of toys. Here are the Before & After pics and we love it...

Coutainville 09-06-2008 08:04 PM

sideboard

LOL, no those are wall stickers...I have the vision but lack the talent unfortunately!

erica 09-06-2008 08:07 PM

It is gorgeous and just shows what can be done with a little imagination and a lot of elbow grease.... Well done!

Beckie 09-06-2008 08:31 PM

well done coutainville

Well done coutainville... it looks fantastic. I'm really pleased it's found a good home. Imagine, it sat in my garage for a few years and at one stage i came close to dumping it but hadnt got the heart to.

congrats again

Beckie

Narizota 09-06-2008 08:47 PM

Wow,I think that is absolutely gorgeous :)

Well done to you,you've done a great job! (Can I be first in line if you decide you don't want it any more?! LOL!!)

marie065 09-06-2008 09:04 PM

wow that is fab well done countainville
excellent job!!!

cheers marie

Coutainville 09-06-2008 09:06 PM

phew!

Thank goodness you liked it Beckie, I was only concerned you might have thought it was desecrated!

I loved decorating it, had a vision of how it would be right from the start. We recently moved house to Killaloe and it seemed like an omen when I went into the paint shop and exactly the colours I was after were on a card marked killaloe...

I used high gloss paint even though the lady in the paint shop told me matt was more popular; I told her I was setting a trend, not following one...well it must have worked cos I spend so much time in that shop the owner recently asked me if I was an interior designer. I wish!

Still I really enjoyed doing this piece and my children enjoy the finished article. Thanks to Beckie again. And Narizota Ill keep you in mind, lol.

colmsmum 09-06-2008 09:35 PM

Brilliant job, the colours are beautiful. I would never have thought of using a side board as toy storage, the 1st thing i'd think of is cups & delph. I wish i had great idea's like that!

Well done,
colmsmum.

Sky 09-06-2008 09:51 PM

Memories !!!

This lovely sideboard was once mine a good many years ago, and I loved it to bits but had to let it go as I no longer had room for it when we divided our sitting room. I was really excited to see it on JT when Beckie put it up, but even more so when she pm'd me to check the forum tonight !!!
You are a very talented girl Courtainville and I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it, as I did when it was mine. Thank you for giving it a good home!

angie1 09-06-2008 10:02 PM

fab job welldone/////////////

hi ya it is absolutly fab well done excellent idea for storage .. kind regards angie1

shanley 10-06-2008 08:38 PM

Brill Job

You did a fantatic job and obviously are really artistic to have thought of doing it up. An inspiration to all jumbletowners!

S.

carissa 11-06-2008 07:55 PM

transformation

really great job on sideboard!! wish i had your talent, i think its great you put pics up, esp as previous owners get to see the transfomation, very well done

emzy 11-06-2008 09:56 PM

:)

wow

well done

Coutainville 12-06-2008 12:17 PM

sideboard

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

unapam 12-06-2008 08:31 PM

sideboard

Wow! You did a fabulous job on that! I love seeing what can be done with imagination and elbow grease! Wonderful - well done...Unapam