JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   noisy washing machine (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=81087)

mw100860 23-02-2010 10:57 PM

noisy washing machine

Hi there, our washing machine has started to make a terrible grating sound when spinning. It had a kind of a knocking sound for a while but this has escalated. My husband thinks it's the bearing so my question is can this:
1. be bought separately
2. be fitted by a layman i.e. aforementioned husband!

Any advice gratefully received as a new washer is beyond my budget at the moment.

Trevalhean 23-02-2010 11:19 PM

washing machine

It sounds exactly like mine when the bearing went. I kept it like this for a while until brown stuff appeared on the clothes, and then had to bite the dust.

I looked at the cost of repairing ie €70 euro call out plus labour and it was cheaper in the long run to replace. Sorry for bad news.

mw100860 23-02-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mw100860
Hi there, our washing machine has started to make a terrible grating sound when spinning. It had a kind of a knocking sound for a while but this has escalated. My husband thinks it's the bearing so my question is can this:
1. be bought separately
2. be fitted by a layman i.e. aforementioned husband!

Any advice gratefully received as a new washer is beyond my budget at the moment.

Hi and thanks anyway, T

thepallasbull 24-02-2010 12:40 AM

Repairing washing machine

No1,Depends on the model of the machine on how easy to repair as some are harder than others
No 2 bearings can be bought for around €30/40
no3 I am sure if you google how to replace bearings for your model on the internet for example ......how to replace bearings on hotpoint washing machine model xp2400 pdf....placing the letters pdf after it means you get a digital book that can be read on the computer
No 4 if all else fails you give me the make and model and i will tell you whether is easy or not
Kind Regards
Pat

mw100860 24-02-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepallasbull
No1,Depends on the model of the machine on how easy to repair as some are harder than others
No 2 bearings can be bought for around €30/40
no3 I am sure if you google how to replace bearings for your model on the internet for example ......how to replace bearings on hotpoint washing machine model xp2400 pdf....placing the letters pdf after it means you get a digital book that can be read on the computer
No 4 if all else fails you give me the make and model and i will tell you whether is easy or not
Kind Regards
Pat

hi there pallas bull and thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Havent got round to Googling about repairs yet but the machine in question is a BOSCH CLASICXX
1400 SPIN, so if you can tell me whether or not that one is difficult, I'd be very grateful. Thanks again.