JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Posting Wanted Ads (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=40273)

MartinaLouise 15-12-2008 09:37 PM

Posting Wanted Ads

Hi,

I've tried to post a couple of items I'm looking for but they keep getting deleted. Can you help please.
Many thanks.

kiara 15-12-2008 09:49 PM

Are you checking them regularly? If someone leaves a reply and you don't answer within a few days then they would probably be deleted, Kiara x

Chris P 15-12-2008 09:53 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinaLouise
Hi,

I've tried to post a couple of items I'm looking for but they keep getting deleted. Can you help please.
Many thanks.

Hi MartinaLouise,

Your Wanted ads are not being deleted -- they are simply being pushed down the listings as new ads are added.

Please read the instructions at the top of the Wanted forum re: bumping ads up the listings instead of posting duplicate ads. (I've just deleted 2 of your duplicate ads.)

Also, a list of all your ads can be found simply by clicking on your User Name.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

gillo 15-12-2008 09:55 PM

Hi, as far as I know, nobody can delete your posts other than yourself, with the exception of admin, who would only probably delete them if they were requesting forbidden items. Maybe what is happening is they're just moving down the line when other people post or bump after you. Check out the user guide and you might understand better what I mean. Regards, gillo

Linn 15-12-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinaLouise
Hi,

Many thanks.

There is so many postings in the wanted section and the get pushed further and further. I bumped my wanted add this morning and when i want back to check this evening it was on page 6.
Your adds are still there just further on.

MartinaLouise 16-12-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi MartinaLouise,

Your Wanted ads are not being deleted -- they are simply being pushed down the listings as new ads are added.

Please read the instructions at the top of the Wanted forum re: bumping ads up the listings instead of posting duplicate ads. (I've just deleted 2 of your duplicate ads.)

Also, a list of all your ads can be found simply by clicking on your User Name.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Thanks a million for the replies, appreciate the help

misstake 16-12-2008 08:29 PM

wanted adds

i think it would help a lot if a phone number was put on wanted adds as i look at other sites and often see things that have wanted adds on jumble town so i try pm ing the people to let them know now if they had a number i could phone and they might be lucky to get what they looking for i think i sent about six pms today now a phone number would have been handy

Chris P 16-12-2008 08:45 PM

Admin reminder - re: Privacy / Security

Quote:

Originally Posted by misstake
i think it would help a lot if a phone number was put on wanted adds as i look at other sites and often see things that have wanted adds on jumble town so i try pm ing the people to let them know now if they had a number i could phone and they might be lucky to get what they looking for i think i sent about six pms today now a phone number would have been handy

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=12962

misstake 16-12-2008 08:51 PM

in trouble again lol

yes i understand but im just trying to help and sometimes i get mail back saying if only lol so i just send pms hoping they read before the item is gone

Chris P 16-12-2008 08:59 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by misstake
yes i understand but im just trying to help and sometimes i get mail back saying if only lol so i just send pms hoping they read before the item is gone

Hi misstake,

It's good of you to try to help out but each Member's post is his/her responsibility. If they miss out on an item because they don't or can't log on, then someone else will get the item. To a certain extent, it's all a question of chance...

Regards
Chris P
Admin