JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rocking Chairs (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=22828)

angie1 24-04-2008 02:29 PM

Rocking Chairs

4 Attachment(s)
hi all just wanted to share my beautiful revamped rocking chairs that i got last week from pat in middleton down here in cork.I just love them and it took no time at all to sand them ,varnish and ad trimmings i love this site so much its just great.....once again thanks pat for my beautiful rocking chairs..

Linn 24-04-2008 03:34 PM

Rocking chairs

Well done Angie. you did a fab job. The Rocking chairs are really nice. You and Unapam are genius's. It is lovely to be able to show people what can be done with a lot of elbow grease. Keep up the good work.

angie1 24-04-2008 03:45 PM

thank you

hi linn, thanks so much far from a genius.it was unapam inspired me to get out my sewing machine and dust it down when i saw what she did with her beautiful cottage. anyway it dosnt take alot to make somthing old look new again just a little bit of tlc.thanks again for your kind note.regards angie

marie065 24-04-2008 03:57 PM

wow angie1
thay look gorgeus well done..

lislaw 24-04-2008 04:51 PM

Wow. Brilliant job

angie1 24-04-2008 05:57 PM

thank you

thanks marie and lislaw.

unapam 27-04-2008 01:41 PM

rocking chairs

Hi, Angie, well done! you have done a magnificent job. Now you have two unique designer furniture pieces and landfill is that little bit emptier. It's the only way to go!!! I have posted another repurposing idea on the forum.
What can be done with a broken teapot? Nothing? Just dump it? Nooo, noo no....go see "repurposed teapot" Cheers...unapam

angie1 27-04-2008 10:15 PM

rocking chairs

hi unapam , thanks so much you are who inspired me i used always make things years ago but when i saw what you did it gave me the push to get out the sewing machine and start up again, i cant stop now !!!!!!!patch work quilts,cushion covers,dolls dresses for my nieces the list is endless thanks for the kind words and of course the great inspiration. kind regards angie1

IRISH_iiiis 17-05-2008 05:09 PM

conas ata tu

hi there angie,
great job on the chairs they look fantastic....
this site is the business who ever taught of the idea deserves a medal or an award... certainly helped me out and given me ideas... happy jumbling lol

angie1 17-05-2008 05:54 PM

thank you

hi irish iiiis,
its a fab site nothing like this anywhere welcome to jt im new to it myself a few months but i find it great and rewarding funny how a web site can make you feel good happy jtowning it takes a while to get used to it but when you do be careful its addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your kind words angie1

IRISH_iiiis 20-05-2008 09:46 PM

ooohhh yes!!!

hi angie,
yes it sure is addictive, im on this a couple of months myself & have not only collected some great useful items, but have met some very nice people on here toooooo!!!! who needs a social life lol
p.s. did you use briars wax (spelling may be wrong) on the chair its great for wood and protects it

bluecurlygirl 10-10-2008 10:18 PM

Wish I didn't live in Cavan!

All the wonderful stuff like this seems to be miles away from me. You did such a great job on these Angie1. Very talented lady. No offence unapam but I think you'll have to share your crown here!!