JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Before & After (Upcycling) (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Repurposed: A pile of pallet wood becomes a wood store (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=42653)

Headwave 18-01-2009 01:36 PM

Repurposed: A pile of pallet wood becomes a wood store

1 Attachment(s)
I made this from pallet wood for fuel and recycling storage. I only bought the hinges and felt. The wood treatment was over form another project.

It's built like a slatted shed in that the wood is not sealed but it is heavily treated to throw water. The pallet wood happened to be in 8 x 3ft panels. It's ideal for fire wood and the recycling.

Bubbles2 18-01-2009 01:55 PM

That is really brilliant, well done you!!!!

Chris P 18-01-2009 01:58 PM

from Admin

Great work, Headwave!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

gillo 18-01-2009 02:50 PM

Fair play to you! give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!

mary donnellan 18-01-2009 03:35 PM

wood store

Very clever idea ,but where did you get the big pallats

Headwave 18-01-2009 03:52 PM

Thanks for your comments.

A mates factory. I'm not allowed to say where as I was slotted into a cue of his employees who all make stuff out of them. I'm not the first to build a shed either. I do however have enough stored up to build a workshop. :D

All I can say is look for companies that use sheet metal. These pallets are 8x3ft but only maybe 4 or 5in deep. The lids are like doors and the bases need the heavier timbers broken off to be useful.
Well, in the case of my shed it is built up off one base so I was working to the size of the materials and had little cutting to do.

unapam 18-01-2009 04:46 PM

brilliant

That's a brilliant idea. I WILL be nicking it for myself.

bluecurlygirl 19-01-2009 09:53 AM

Fantastic job. Well done. You can come down and build one for me!!!

Headwave 19-01-2009 12:20 PM

I had a similar wish expressed by a neighbour who had a new shed delivered the week I built this one :~

Sinamo 26-01-2009 11:29 AM

looks fab
fair play to u

Linn 26-01-2009 11:37 AM

Well done that is a fabulous job and it looks really nice.

bluecurlygirl 26-01-2009 11:40 AM

Headwave, any chance of telling me how you did it? Our dog kennel is a bit shabby and she's not got tons of room in it (golden lab). Would love to build her a new one (although not 8 ft tall!) Any pallets I've seen have gaps between the planks. Did you just remove them and reattach to eliminate the gaps?

Headwave 26-01-2009 07:23 PM

They're not your typical pallet or Euro Pallet. They come with the boards close together. Like I say, the lids are like a door. They have 3 lengths of timber holding them together top, middle and bottom.
You'd have to break up regular ones and de-nail them to make stock to work from. However there are pallets that come with their boards one board apart and you could break one and use that wood to fit between the gaps. That or use a table saw to mill the wood to the right width.

bluecurlygirl 27-01-2009 02:03 PM

Thanks a million. Loads of pallets going at a building site round the corner from me so might just go flutter my eyelashes at the guys there!!! Thanks again.

IRISH_iiiis 09-02-2009 11:39 AM

wow

Thats an excellant job, nice evenly spaced nails on roof felt... il also be nicking your idea.. well done ......!!!!!!