JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Green Tips & Green Fingers (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   can i fix a damaged trampoline? (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=56531)

superkaytee 24-05-2009 11:40 AM

can i fix a damaged trampoline?

3 Attachment(s)
I bought my son a large trampoline with enclosure last year for his birthday but the wind during the winter has damaged it very badly and it needs bending back in a lot of places!! It cost me a a fortune and i dont have the money for another one. Can these be fixed easily and who could i ask?
This is the damage:::

propellor 24-05-2009 02:32 PM

trampoline

hi kaytee, could you post a couple of pics of the damage so I can see if its repairable or not.
its hard to say without actually seeing it

jim

MMG 24-05-2009 09:15 PM

Parts

I have some bits of a trampoline, found dumped. About a dozen curved hollow bars that slide into each other. I'll PM you email so you can send pics and I can work out if they might be of use.

Lindy k 25-05-2009 08:31 AM

trampoline

Hi, I live in dublin south, Clondalkin to be exact and have an 8ft trampoline I've just taken down, your welcome to it if you can collect. The surrounding sefety net is beyond repair but the rest is in good nick. I left the base intact because it's too much trouble to unhook all the springs.

superkaytee 25-05-2009 03:41 PM

trampoline

pics of the trampoline on its way!!!

Lindak -----If my trampoline is not managed to be salvaged i would be glad of the offer ...thanks very much.

Chris P 25-05-2009 04:54 PM

Photos added.

propellor 25-05-2009 07:01 PM

trampoline

hi kaytee, judging by the pics i'd say the pipe work for the netting is buggered. Once its kinked you cant straighten it again, what you could do is cut out the kinked section and sleeve the two peices with a slightly smaller diameter peice of pipe, then either drill and bolt it or if you know someone with a welder get it re-welded.

hope it helps

jim

superkaytee 26-05-2009 03:40 PM

trampoline

ok ill have to ask around....also the large part that u jump on is bent too..can that be straightened again?

propellor 26-05-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkaytee
ok ill have to ask around....also the large part that u jump on is bent too..can that be straightened again?

yeah just noticed that bit! it doesnt look too bad ie no kinks so if you take off the jumpy uppy downsy bit, and get somthing like a big bag of sand and gently force the frame back into shape using the sandbag to push on. Take your time though as its thin wall tubing and easy to deform,could probably use an extra pair of hands aswell. remember if you kink the main frame its a skip job as it will lose all its strength.

good luck!

jim

jmurphy09 01-06-2009 08:23 PM

Damaged trampoline.

Most people would say dat the trampolinw is behond repair but I could make up new frame for you and it probably wouldnt take that much to do.

If you are interested just send me an email, to let me know of your location in the country.

John

jmb 01-06-2009 09:26 PM

Trampoline

Hi this is only my opinion but for the safety of your child, don't try to fix it.It looks very badly damaged to me. If I were you and again this is only my opinion, take the other Jumbletowner up on their offer to give you the one they are offering you. Regards Jane

superkaytee 11-06-2009 09:41 PM

HI all,,,,,,,,guess what...i got my trampoline fixed today.....my little boy is so happy...!!!!!! Thanks everyone for your replies and also the offer of the trampoline .thanks very much!

rochie 11-06-2009 11:16 PM

trampoline

Hiya,

really glad you got it repaired, i know you can buy new frames from ebay.co.uk they are about 50 pound plus postage.

i am looking for a trampoline for my son if anyone has one.
have an ad in wanted section.

clair

blessed 06-05-2018 06:39 PM

Trampoline Broken

My kids' trampoline recently bought (5 months old) need repairs. The strong wind messed up the poles and some of them are broken. Can I get any advise on who can help me with the repair? Thanks a lot in advance for your advice.