JumbleTown Ireland

JumbleTown Ireland (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php)
-   Support Forum (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   New Items Search (http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=68228)

sparkwell 19-09-2009 10:48 AM

New Items Search

Hi Admin

I have noticed that if I do a search on New Items and click on 'All Counties' & 'Go' not everything comes up. In particular Clothes & Shoes doesn't ever show even if there are new items there. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance
PS Jumbletown is brilliant!!

Chris P 19-09-2009 11:07 AM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkwell
Hi Admin

I have noticed that if I do a search on New Items and click on 'All Counties' & 'Go' not everything comes up. In particular Clothes & Shoes doesn't ever show even if there are new items there. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance
PS Jumbletown is brilliant!!

Hi sparkwell,

We have intentionally left out a number of forums from the "Find New Items" search function -- new items in the Clothes and Wanted forum will not be indicated. This is because we don't want one or two forums (that may not be of interest to most Members) to dominate the "New Items" listings.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

sparkwell 19-09-2009 11:20 AM

Thanks Chris

Regards Sparkwell

Sabrinabray 19-09-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi sparkwell,

We have intentionally left out a number of forums from the "Find New Items" search function -- new items in the Clothes and Wanted forum will not be indicated. This is because we don't want one or two forums (that may not be of interest to most Members) to dominate the "New Items" listings.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Hi Chris

What other forums do not show on this search pls?!!! (I thought it was only Clothes?)

Regards
Sabrinabray

Chris P 19-09-2009 07:15 PM

from Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrinabray
Hi Chris

What other forums do not show on this search pls?!!! (I thought it was only Clothes?)

Regards
Sabrinabray

Hi Sabrinabray,

The Clothes forum is the only Givers' forum that is omitted from the "Find New Items" search function. The non-Giver forums that are omitted are: the Wanted, Support, GreenTube, and Before and After forums. So basically, searchers for new items get results for all Givers' forums (except the Clothes forum), and the Green Tips forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Sabrinabray 19-09-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi Sabrinabray,

The Clothes forum is the only Givers' forum that is omitted from the "Find New Items" search function. The non-Giver forums that are omitted are: the Wanted, Support, GreenTube, and Before and After forums. So basically, searchers for new items get results for all Givers' forums (except the Clothes forum), and the Green Tips forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Thanks for that!