View Single Post
Old Posted: 01-10-2008 , 02:12 PM #8
bluecurlygirl

Default Another bone of contention

We have a black bin (normal refuse) and a green bin (recyling). Our black bin is collected 3 weeks out of four so the recycling bin - yes, once every four weeks. Within 3 days of it being collected I have it almost full again (admittedly some with stuff that wouldn't fit into the last collection) then I have to make several trips to the recycling station in town which is almost always overflowing. Many times I have gone down to be greeted by plastic bags and plastic bottles flying around the place where people have just left them beside the collection centre as there was no room in the proper bins. This recycling centre is directly across the road from the council office. They look out their window and see it - surely they can manage it better! Also, if we're supposed to do more recycling then why not collect the green bins more frequently. I appreciate what was said about going to the centres and meeting people etc but how much fuel is wasted doing that too? It's sometimes hard to know when you're doing right and when what you're doing is counter productive. Hence the need for information.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote