View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-10-2008 , 08:10 PM #3
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
Whoever is supplying the bags should be able to tell you what goes in. It can differ from company to company. However once the plastic is clean and not contaminated by food then it should be okay, tins, paper - I wouldn't have thought that dead leaves could be recycled myself unless the people that sort it out are really into taking them home and pressing them!! Maybe they glue them back onto the trees hee hee! What does your neighbour think they do with them I wonder? There are lots of other wonderful JT'rs out there more knowledgeable than me so I'll let them take over. Best of luck.
Hi tasmin,

As blurcurlygirl says, whoever is supplying the bags should be able to tell you eaxactly what you should put into your green bag as it can differ from company to company.

I doubt very much if you can include organic material such as leaves or food. Also certain types of paper and plastics may not be acceptable.

I did a quick Google search and came up with a list of what you can/can't put into a green bag service offered by a UK company. Details here:

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.as... =2865&id=4155

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote