Thread: Just an idea!!!
View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-11-2008 , 11:49 PM #27
Jumbles

It is an idea.
I think some people manage their threads very badly. Very few to be fair. But I have replied to threads by the same person 2 or 3 times and they didn't even respond, just removed the thread. In fact, they always remove their threads after a day or 2 without marking as 'taken'. It's quite annoying but I will avoid their threads from now on. It makes me wonder if they ever had something to give in the first place lol!

Sometimes I have an item marked reserved and it is removed (before 6 days are up) so I can't go back and mark it taken. I don't like this because I would hate anyone watching the thread to think I didn't actually give the item away, especially if there was loads of replies.

Some people are also seriously lacking in manners. I have had people turn up and not even say thank you. Agh! I hate that, especially if it was something really really good I was giving away. I wish I could take it back and give it to someone else. It has only happened a handful of times thank goodness and again, now I know who to avoid giving to. (Another reason I don't always do 1st come 1st served)
Lately some people have made me wish I had sold the items rather than put them on JT. At least that way I wouldn't be thinking "that fecker so did not deserve that!" lol

Most JTrs are lovely though. It always amazes me, even when I have given away things that are worth very little and had people turn up with chocolates, cakes for my children, even try to offer me money (which i would NEVER accept by the way). That so uneccessary and so thoughtful.

Yes, JT is not a charity and no-one expects an award for giving something away but a simple thank you costs nothing.

I am reconsidering what I give away on JT from now on though.
Jumbles is offline   Reply With Quote