View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-02-2009 , 06:03 PM #5
Ecoprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe123
A rayburn sounds like the business just what I need at the moment. Does anyone know of one that is for going cheap or for free?

I went for new in the end because I have a lovely hardware shop owner that thinks I'm the bees knees I got serious discount. You can look at reconditioned ones I think they are called H&H something. google it.

Just one thing - get professionals in to do the chimney work if any is needed. In all this bad weather I was on the roof of the cottage putting lining and micafil? in to do the job, then concreting, building etc. It was so cold, heavy hard work, that I thought about getting married again LOL

The nice thing was I knocked off all the old render on the living room side where I have put a stanley Oisin and the wall is abeautiful stone still showing the height of the original small old cottage and then the new (200 Yrs) old addition in stone as well, and I found an small alcove and hooks for hanging stuff on.

So now in the warm after glow its all worth it, but do do get a professional in to do the chimney.
Ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote