View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-02-2009 , 06:28 PM #7
Ecoprincess

[quote=nanonano]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoprincess

Just one thing - get professionals in to do the chimney work if any is needed. In all this bad weather I was on the roof of the cottage putting lining and micafil? in to do the job, then concreting, building etc. It was so cold, heavy hard work, that I thought about getting married again LOL

I think you're superwoman or the 6 million dollar woman. How can you do that?
You should give survival courses on your farm or gardening for woman. I would sign up straight away!

Lack of money is a great incentive, please can I just have the 6 million dollars then I will hire someone. LOL

I used to teach gardening, but its a lot of time organising it all.

Try the organic centre in rossinver co leitrim - just google them, they have great courses, I used to teach beekeeping for them and keep bees there, and did some voluntary work for them - nice folk, great courses lovely lunches :)

Renovating a deralict farm to a near self sufficient smallholding is not about ecological improvements or pretty model farms like I used to dream of - it is a daily fight for survival and its only for the fearless, the insane or the incredably stupid; unfortunatly all the last three descriptions fit me. LOL
Ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote