View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 03:08 PM #22
ireneo

I got my husbands shirt. I opened out two wire coat hangers. I tied one around under the collar and folded the collar back down over it and sewed collar down to the shirt to keep wire in place. I left the rest of the hanger standing up straight at the back of the collar. I then looped the top of the wire like a halo and placed a baseball cap onto the halo and sew them together too. I got a really fine piece of wire and wrapped it around the middle of the glasses and brought it up to wrap it around the front of the wire inside the cap and sewed the parts that go behind your ears to the sides of the cap
I used the other hanger to place inside the shirt, going across under the neck and out to each shoulder. I got some foam underlay, used for wooden floors and rolled it up like a sausage and it went all across the top from shoulder to shoulder. I taped it to the hanger already placed there. I cut out a hole up through the underlay so it would rest neatly and comfortably on his head and that kept the top part up over his head.
I then just cut two eyeholes in the chest of the shirt.
It was so comfortable, it sat on his head like a hat, it was as light as a feather and he didnt want to take it off that night, even at bedtime!!!!

Im not very good at giving instructions, I hope all that made sense.
ps. I almost forgot, I sewed black material inside the neck to make it look like a hole.
ireneo is offline   Reply With Quote