View Single Post
Old Posted: 25-04-2009 , 07:08 PM #24
summersun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cianer
Plugging the yellow PS2 cable into the yellow video-in was correct as the yellow cable is the video one. S-video is an American alternative to the yellow cable but its not really used in Europe. The red & white cables are for Audio (one for the left speakers, one for the right) so I imagine plugging them into the S-Video input is what caused the problem. =(

To be honest the only S-Video connections I've ever seen look like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...deo.socket.png) which the red/white cables wouldn't fit into, so can't give you a specific answer as to the cause but I would assume that plugging audio cables into the video would blow something inside the DVD player.

If the DVD player is valuable it might be worth getting it checked out at your local electronics repair shop, otherwise I'd try a few different DVDs and if none of them work I'd junk it. Sorry!
Hi Cianer,

Thanks so much for trying to help, it was only a powerpoint , but it did its job until we tried to make it into a tv...

take care
summersun
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote