View Single Post
Old Posted: 03-09-2009 , 11:29 PM #3
minnie pal

Default hello there Moloney!

Yes, i like your idea of Bud being 'framed in red and the climbers you suggest.
today i was looking at that very tall wall, there is a square type rotting trellis on it. birds were literally standing at various points on the trellis to get at the feeders, sometimes it looked as if they were 'waiting their turn'
I thought of painting the back wall the same light sage of the hoose wall and put up new trellis in an abstract design, you know blocks of it one way and another the other and paint it the same colour as the hall door.
then with variagated ivy, the honeysuckle and jasmine that Mandolin gave me, I am expecting virginia creeper from another friend so that can going maybe on the hoose wall behind the swing seat and that would reflect in the mirror behind buddha.
I would like an arch of wood for bud to give a formal district setting first and soften in up with your frame of red berries etc.
how does that grab ye.
the idea of living bamboo would be wonderful too as a screen.
Birds and bees MUST be attracted, i would like to plant anything that would attact these, like buddlea, wild flowers and such in one corner.
I also want to grow some veggies as i have mentioned and actually mayy mix it up in the raised bed.
sun not great, but that high wall gets a great flush of light late evening when all the wall is in full sun, with the sun shining from the side of the garden rather than the from top of hoose, if you get meaning.
do you think the ideas formulating are any good molongo!!
minnie pal is offline   Reply With Quote