View Single Post
Old Posted: 14-11-2009 , 11:37 PM #42
Athy55

Default Christmas

All these great ideas are putting me in the Christmas Spirit!! A good idea to use up old ties is to take 3 of them, put in a wee stitch at point to join them together and then platt them. Then pull them into a double circle (you will need a few stitches here and there to hold them together). Attach a small hook so you can hang it up as a Christmas wreath. I also use a couple of small baubles or holly here and there on them . Pick nice coloured ties and they make a very nice wreath.
I make these for our Christmas fair in work each year. I also make 'reindeer food' in baby jars for small children to use on Christmas eve.
Another good idea is to buy some plain 'short' glasses (Tesco sell 4 in a pack for around 3Euro. Purchase some black outliner and some glass paint at a craft shop. DON'T buy the glass paint that needs to be baked. You need the one that dries itself and is glossy. Now make a small temtplate of a snowman or holly or whatever Christmas design you want. (When I was starting this I used a Strawberry because it's soo easy to do). Attach the wee picture to the INSIDE of the glass with a bit of sellotape the use the black outliner to copy the design to the front of the glass. Leave it to dry, then use the glossy glass paint to decorate. It sounds difficult but it isn't. If you are going to try it start with the strawberry, you can get templates on line. These glasses can then be used with a tealight inside. An ideal gift!
Irene
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote